Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parameters In Ids For Usb Upgrade Mk7

spqr

Hi there!

I'm Dutch, but I discovered that also on this forum some engaged in projects to add USB to their MK7's.

I changed the bvc-module; I went to the dealership to change the parameters through IDS, but still it doesn't work (Voice control always answers 'not possible' and iPhone seems to stream, but there is no sound).

I guess the mechanic didn't change all the parameters - is there anybody that can tell me precisely what parameters to change? He changed two - but some forums mention three settings....

I hope someone can help me out?

I'm at the cinema at the moment but I'll upload some screenshots when I get home ;)

Cool! Thank you mate :)

Do you think it is probable that the IDS configuration wasn't done well, from the symptoms that I describe?

Could it help to leave the BVC module disconnected overnight for a sort of reset?

Any others who have a clue regarding the parameters?

Nope, just me ;) The 3 parameters are:

• Voice Control: select Basic Voice Recognition
  • Accessory USB unit: select With USB and iPod Function
  • bluetooth handsfree: select BT/VC Phone Interface + USB connection

• Thanks 1

Silly question, but have you fitted the correct BT module for your car (correct part number)?

They are not all compatible.

Hi there! I went to the dealership again, and it was a whole lot easier now, as I could show them the parameters that Nathan mentioned above.

The first mechanic forgot one adjustment, so that was why it didn't work. Now it does, now also the third option is activated! :)

My bvc - module came out of a Kuga, so I guess they are pretty much interchangeable.

Nope, just me ;) The 3 parameters are:

• Voice Control: select Basic Voice Recognition
  • Accessory USB unit: select With USB and iPod Function
  • Bluetooth handsfree: select BT/VC Phone Interface + USB connection

Thanks, because of this i could tell my dealer wich parameter and now i go the USB working!!

Thanks, because of this i could tell my dealer wich parameter and now i go the USB working!!

Your invoice is in the post ;)

• 5 months later...

Hy there!

I am just about to get this project started and i just wanted to make sure i got everything together. I can order the module from my Ford dealer (for 400€, i'm from Germany) but he is unsure about the IDS part... So, do you really only have to change the three parameters from above? Everything else is just switch the modules and that's it?

Thank you for your help! :)

Greetings from Germany!

I wouldn't pay €400 for a module when you can get used ones on eBay for around £100.

But yes, once all hardware is installed it's those 3 parameters that need changing.

Thank you for your fast response! :) I already checked eBay, but besides the fact, that i ALWAYS had bad luck with buying something there, i only found one module and that was neither english nor german.

But I'll keep my eyes open, 400€ is really quite expensive.

Hy there :) Yeah, i found that one as well, but it is in french. English would be no problem for me, but i really can't no french ;) Or wait, would be the system language on the display still be german, or would it change to french? I really don't ever use the speech control, so if only that would be french, it wouldn't be a problem for me.

Can please someone confirm my theory? The one module on eBay will be gone tomorrow...

Thank you, greetings!

MetalHead