Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Ka Is Costing Me £3515 Insurance :(

Ben Tothill

Jeeeeeeez!!!! Who're you insured with? My first car at 17 a brand new fiesta 1.4 only cost £1300 (I say only Paha) have you had any accidents or mods?

I know the feeling, still kind of feeling it aswell! My 1st car at 18, was a Corsa C 2002 plater, i was paying £3000 for insurance, so you're not the only one out there, it'll drop for next year, but its hard on the pockets for the 1st year!

Newer cars = cheaper insurance

Newer cars = cheaper insurance

You're right, to my amazement I must add, when I phoned up AXA to insure my Focus Zetec S on Tuesday and nearly collapsed when the woman told me they owed ME £19. I went from an 04 Focus C-Max 1.6TDCi to a 10plate Focus Zetec S 1.6TDCi and it went down, I guess it's due to the extra security and crash protection.

Have to say I don't feel so bad about my insurance being just over £300 FC when people are people charged over 3 grand :blink:

Have to say I don't feel so bad about my insurance being just over £300 FC when people are people charged over 3 grand :blink:

haha! that's on the same lines as my dad! he couldn't believe or comprehend anything over 500 quid for my 1st year insurance, so imagine when he was told 3 grand haha! 2nd year driving and down to £1000, i'm doing not too shabby! haha

haha! that's on the same lines as my dad! he couldn't believe or comprehend anything over 500 quid for my 1st year insurance, so imagine when he was told 3 grand haha! 2nd year driving and down to £1000, i'm doing not too shabby! haha

Ok, I am now officially old then! lol

I'm 35 and have been driving nearly 18 years, I nearly got an 08 plate ST which was only £100 more on the insurance too. Yep, I'm definately old! :(

haha! 35, come on! you're not old yet! theres still life left in the boy yet haha!

Its down to age, gender, location and likelihood of the car being written off.

Older cars are usually just classed as uneconomic to fix and you'd get it scrapped.

My car has just had about £1500 worth of work done to it but because its worth £5000 plus its economic to fix.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club