Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Missing Seal After Service.

top banana

Hi,

Just had my 2008 Focus serviced at main dealer and they said that there was a rubber seal missing, and requires to be replaced.

The seal that is missing is the rubber seal at the bottom of the scuttle panel that seals against the top of the bonnet (seal goes along whole width of car). It like seals the engine bay in.

I swear it was there before service, but I cannot prove it!

They are calling me back on Tuesday with a price on one (parts was closed when picking up car).

Does anyone know what the Ford part number is? where I can obtain one?

I have had a look on fleebay, but cannot seem to find one.

Well miffed.

Cheers

Sounds just like ford.. Loosing or not refitting parts..

It's more than likely been removed when changing the pollen filter, can't see any other reason it would need to come off. Was this part of the service?

I wouldn't stand or them trying to bill you for it, tell them you low it was on there before it went in

pollen filters inside the car the scuttle panel may have been removed to check the water drain was clear other than that theres no reason to remove it

pollen filters inside the car the scuttle panel may have been removed to check the water drain was clear other than that theres no reason to remove it

So it is..

Who knows then lol

Thanks all., Had arguement with manager who got tech who did work. Both said it was not there. My word against theirs........

Not happy. It was there, as I noticed it when i swapped the LED sidelights out for the MOT!!!!!

Anyone know where best to get new seal from / how much likely to cost?

cant be much, only a bit of a rubber. since the dealers know which part, ask them for a price and if reasonable order it and fit yourself...save you the £.

if you pm me your reg, i can check ecat for a ballpark figure on how much, part numbers etc etc.

cant be much, only a bit of a rubber. since the dealers know which part, ask them for a price and if reasonable order it and fit yourself...save you the £.

if you pm me your reg, i can check ecat for a ballpark figure on how much, part numbers etc etc.

Cheers JohnH

Sent you a PM

Topbanana

ok mate got your pm and got your answer...the dealer are having your pants down mate. if im thinking of the right part it comes as one unit with the rubber strip.

FINIS - 1437468

eng pn - 4M51-A02216-BG

INC VAT - £78.18

EX VAT - £65.15

basically its a new scuttle panel apparently. but as i say its a ballpark figure...it could be more and it could be less. soon as i can ill upload a screenshot to show part and price

to be honest i would just do with out lol especially if nothing gets in such as water

Thanks John for looking... £80 ... thieving #### the dealership!!!

Lets just say I will not be going back after today.......

If you look at this scuttle http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-tdci-BREAKING-2005-2006-2007-2008-2009-2010-Front-Scuttle-Panel-Black-/320955874961?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D1581863941736993507%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D1%26

At the top of the picture is where the rubber bonnet seal belongs. This is what is missing on mine.

I will be calling them on Tuesday, but after today, they will not budge.

letter to dealership coming,

Regarding to leaving it, Not sure to be honest. I think water will get through. If not already today with the downpour we have been geting!!

Thanks again all for assistance.

If anyone does find one online Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease let me know :)

they may do it separately but on the parts catalogue its built on to it.

if it was that bad i would be visiting the likes of B&Q and buying some draft excluder rubber that you stick on windows and doors. could work and be far cheaper.

if i were you i would message the seller to see if he was prepared to just post the part you want, but he may require full amount asking if that makes sense.

they may do it separately but on the parts catalogue its built on to it.

if it was that bad i would be visiting the likes of B&Q and buying some draft excluder rubber that you stick on windows and doors. could work and be far cheaper.

if i were you i would message the seller to see if he was prepared to just post the part you want, but he may require full amount asking if that makes sense.

Cheers again JohnH!

I have emailed some breakers, and the eBay sellers tonight. The eBay ones both have the rubber missing off their photo :(

I have found this, but not sure if it would work........... http://www.ebay.co.u...=item337331ce63

looks like something i would buy after measuring where it clips onto etc.

Hi JohnH

Just a quick question?

I have looked (and emailed many) breakers on eBay overnight looking for the seal.

can you please check ecat to see if the ml2.5 seal (what I require) is the same as the mk.2?

It will make it easier to obtain one if they are the same!!

Cheers

should be able to pick one up cheap when you can find it this is a part scrappys just discard you dont say where you are some one in your area might be able to point you to a scrappy near you

sorry top banana it looks as though artscot beat me to it lol but will check when its day light lol

this seller is selling the rubber with the scuttle panel should be able to pick this up for a tenner as i dont think many people need a scuttle panel 300770201793

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club