Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unusual Fuse Board On 2006 Focus Ghia

StanH

The obvious thing to check is the fuse but I cannot identify it.

The handbook says F109 and gives a diagram of the fuse board in the passenger well, but my fuse board is nothing like the handbook shows.

My board has two straight rows of fuses, none marked with a number and there is no diagram there. My digging at this problem has led me to think that maybe this is the same board as in early CMaxs apart from the fact that the CMax info I have does not have a cigar lighter fuse shown.

Can anyone please help me to identify it as I don't want to go pulling fuses to check when in fact there may not be one there and it may be somewhere else.

Thank you

the fuse diagram is on the back of the foam cover that covers the fuse box mate cigar lighter was 10amp on the lowest row if memory serves me

Sorry, no diagram anywhere. Fuse board has no cover anyway

Stan

I'll take pics of mine for comparison tomorrow. 06 Ghia too.

Thanks, but unless it is different from the pic in the owners handbook, it will not help.

Mine has two parallel row of fuses along the edge and no identification numbering

Does it look like this?

fuses.jpg

Or this?

DSC_0147.jpg

On the first one the fuses do have numbers but on the trim in front of each fuse. If this one it is fuse 46 or 47 (should be 20A but may be a 15A)

On the second one the lighter socket fuse is listed as F109

Hi Stoney,

Can't get at it at the moment but pretty sure it is the first one with blanks circled.

Incidentally are these standard fuses. the female sockets look odd

Standard mini blade fuses.

Just a suggestion but you can buy fuses that light up when they blow which will make it easier at a glance to see if any pop.

Thanks - will get a selection, and finally, I don't recall any numbers on the trim, so are you able to identify which one it should be in your pic?

Sorry I'm about 30 miles from my mk2 or I'd have a look for you. I'll see what I can do for you later.

Working it out from my picture and on further investigation it could be 39 or 47.

39 is third from the left on the top row group of six and I believe 47 is the first 20amp fuse from the left on the next row down between the two blue 15amp fuses.

Just been and had the glovebox out of my 05 plate ghia and this is what I found, Is yours the same mate?

459340_479527305399161_347186407_o.jpg

Thanks Stoney - hope to be able to sort this tomorrow

Hi Brigante - yes that is the one - do you by any chance have a pic of fuse locations?

This whole thing shows up a big deficiency in Ford Owners Manuals in that they do not match the car. I had an 08 plate Style just over a year ago and it had the same manual as the (wrong) one I have now

Sorry for the silly question, feeling a bit slow today. But what exactly do you mean by the locations? I can go out and take more photos if it is of help.

Not a silly question - what I would like is a picture or drawing of the board with each fuse numbered - i.e so that I could identify F47 immediately, and of course a list of what each fuse is protecting.

There is such a list in my handbook but it does not refer to my board

Not sure if I can help then sorry mate I was never given a handbook with my car :(

All I can do is take my car apart and take photos

Looking at my current photo I think I may be able to go and take a clearer one which will show where F47 is. Bare with me mate

F47 mate

F47-2.jpg

F47.jpg

Hope this is of help?

I have read up more and cross referenced.

According to three different sources the 12v socket fuse is number 39.

Diagram as below-

12vsocketfuse.jpg

Your a good lad Clive. I could have done the same though ;) where did F47 come from then?

Thank you both - with any luck I will get this sorted tomorrow

By the way, F47 came from a post Stoney made in the C Max section, but it looks like it applies to this layout only in a CMax, not a Focus like mine

Just took the glovebox out again and I can confirm F39 anyway - Hope all this has helped mate, If it is 39 you need then it will be the same layout as mine anyway cause we both have mk2 ghia's

F39.jpg

Yes, a big thank you, all done and dusted. It was F39 as to said.

Now where can I get some information on the rest of the fuses on that board?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club