Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Someone Mucking About With My Car?

Brigante

Right so I made a worrying discovery today. Upon walking out the front door for the first time earlier, I immediately noticed that the ford swivel badge on the grill was all the way open. When I tried to open the bonnet with the key, I found the connection had separated and the bonnet wouldn't open so I had to get my trusted screwdriver out to reconnect it.

I know the swivel badge wasn't like it yesterday cause I haven't had reason to open the bonnet for over a week, and when I was out with the Missus yesterday the swivel badge was definitely not open.

So it would appear someone has been mucking about trying to get into my bonnet during the night. Our bedroom is at the front of the house overlooking the driveway and we was still awake around 5am and we didn't hear anything so god knows when it's happened or even if anyone has been up to anything, But I can not think of any other reason for the swivel badge to be right the way round and the bonnet not being able to open.

Not really sure why I'm starting this thread as there is nothing that can be done about it but I'm obviously concerned so thought I'd share it with the forums.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brigante

• Stoney871

• GSM

• Lenny

It does sound like some one has attempted something.

I know but when and why? Not like my cars worth nicking. Looks like someone tried to get into the bonnet but separated the connection. Then even if they got the bonnet open and the engine started, I've got a full face disklok on. Plus if they opened the bonnet the alarm would have went off. Still got me worried though :(

If it was a genuine attempt , they could have many reasons , parts perhaps.

I know mate, so if they was genuinely an attempt they failed miserably. Is there any way of checking if anything has been done to the car that I cant immediately see? We do live in the middle of a right chavvy !Removed! area.

Is it a diesel? Things like DPFs are worth quite a bit of money

someone/kids may have just been after your badge.

i know a big thing at the moment is the stealing of exhaust parts (catalytic converter) but even if they got into your bonnet they could tear out the wires and strip it down for the copper

That's what I was thinking mate but they didn't do a good job of ripping it off, could have easily if they wanted to. Just ripping the badge off wouldn't of separated the bonnet lock connection would it?

Is it a diesel? Things like DPFs are worth quite a bit of money

Nah petrol mate, not that you could tell though cause it's been de-badged

This is why I have a dashcam!!

May have to look into getting one mate living round here. Been needing to get gates put back on the driveway, but even they'll get nicked. Used to gave gates but pikeys nicked em when they made an illegal site round the corner, got up one morning and they had gone.

Sit up on your car and wait for the culprit to pounce!

maybe they wanted to see if the engine matched the rear bumper,

If it did then it would be one to steal.

Sit up on your car and wait for the culprit to pounce!

Believe me mate I'd love to catch someone mucking about with me car, they'd have a right shock n a half when they see me flying at em out the door n by then it would be too late cause they'd be tied and gagged in me boot and there's a nice lake only minutes away ;)

maybe they wanted to see if the engine matched the rear bumper,

If it did then it would be one to steal.

Doubt they'd be that silly mate lol cause it would look like an ST owner has started to convert it into a normal mk2 and no one would ever do that.

Has got me worried though about when I have completed the replica and there is a exterior perfect ST sitting on the driveway.

ide be more worried about the insurance hike as well as it will be classed as a risk due to being more nickable i havent and wont be doing my car the insurance class a rep in the same band as an st regardless of what engines in it have you even asked them yet before you go any further the rear bumper already isnt standard to the model

Doubt they'd be that silly mate lol cause it would look like an ST owner has started to convert it into a normal mk2 and no one would ever do that.

Has got me worried though about when I have completed the replica and there is a exterior perfect ST sitting on the driveway.

Could be nothing mate,

Kids around here used to play hide ans seek, by hidibg in the driveways so maybe they were hiding in front of your car and decided to play with your badge while waiting for their mates to pass by.

Could be nothing mate,

Kids around here used to play hide ans seek, by hidibg in the driveways so maybe they were hiding in front of your car and decided to play with your badge while waiting for their mates to pass by.

It would have happened in the early hours of the morning though mate like gone 3am at least. And summin knocked the bonnet to make the connection separate.

Funny you say that mate I was just thinking Clive's bulb looked a bit iffy when he came to help me change mine..

Just don't mind the knocking/screaming noise coming from me boot it's just me suspension playing up ;) See summin else you can help me with :P

Funny you say that mate I was just thinking Clive's bulb looked a bit iffy when he came to help me change mine..

Job: One Light Bulb Change

Charge: 2x 9 hours labour

You and Clive ever considered opening a Ford Dealership together?

Job: One Light Bulb Change

Charge: 2x 9 hours labour

You and Clive ever considered opening a Ford Dealership together?

Bargain imho mate, do you know how tricky it can be to change a light bulb :P reckon we'd make a killing opening a dealership ;)