Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leaking Pipe Identification - Above Clutch Pedal

jonathan_phang

Hi

Sorry for the delay , could not for the life of me remember the password !

Yup I'm getting old !

If it is the o ring it is really easy , I spent a couple of days trying to sort it , once I knew what

was wrong I bought 2 o rings and 2 new clips .

On my back , in the footwell but it solved it in 20 odd mins .

Simple fix and cost about £12

Your pics look different to mine but give it go , you'll only get wet once .

Good luck

Chris

Hi guys, thanks for the responses, if I do the work myself, do I need to remove the entire dash? Ford said the dash needs to come out and the doors also. You guys have any idea where I can get hold of a manual for my car?

Let me guess Ford charging you loads for the work. My Ford centre done it for me. Only cost £80. He didn't have to take dash or anything out. He just got a mat took him 30 mins with the ramp

Yeah, they wanna charge me R9750, which includes apparently 10hrs labour to remove dash and the 1 front door! Oh and they wanna keep the car for almost 2 weeks to do the job

Yh. That's just stupid. £9750 must be mad. Just do it yourself or use another Ford place.

Guys, thanks a million for the doc, I'm going thru it and it talks about removing the centre console, I guess this is to allow for leeway to move the 2 pipes apart to install the new o-rings. How long did it take you to do this? I'm an experienced DIY but this'll be my first on the focus, my previous car which I nearly rebuilt from scratch was a Ford Laser 160i jap import. Nice car but not as many panelling and wiring and there was space to work if I needed to get under the dash. I wanna DIY this job but need to gauge how long it'll take me though. This car is a daily driver so don't want it to go into 2 days with the repairs.

Thanks again guys for the info n docs.

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would share my experience with this problem as I had the same issues. When replacing the 'O' rings make sure you get genuine ford parts. I used o rings from any old motor factors and they didn't work at all, just kept leaking. I didn't take the dash out, I went for the easier route and cut open the heater matrix housing :) though I wouldn't advise this as even though I have fixed the leak it really does kick off some heat. I've even taped heat shielding around the matrix housing, but it hasn't made much difference. I might just replace the matrix housing now and take the dash out :(.

Here is my thread if your interested:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/49712-mk2-16-focus-overheating/

• 1 month later...

Can anyone help?

Where can I purchase the genuine Ford 'o' ring, I've tried ford but there claiming they don't stock it. They can only sell me a new heater matrix.

I've bought an assorted box of o rings from Halfords, lubed up a 17x2.5 O ring and inserted it into the female grove on the pipe but now I can't join the pipes back together. Either the o ring is the wrong thickness or I'm doing summit wrong. What size o ring do I need.

Any suggestions?

• 1 year later...

Within the 3 month period the garage tried several times to fix the same problem. Can you ask for your money back using the sale of goods act? As i have the same problem with the focus i bought with debit card.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club