Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Leak In Passenger Front Footwell

silverlight

Hi I have just taken delivery of a sparkling white brand new fiesta , having a great drive until this week when I noticed the passanger footwell was quite wet , took car back to dealer, and they have booked me in for a diagnostic, will let you know how I go on.

Lots of people have problems with this, sorry to break the bad news

Thankx for the heads up , should have looked before i leaped, this is the smallest engine and newest car I have ever owned , and i was really looking forward to running this car, feel a bit let down now.

If you haven't had the car for more than a month I'd suggest you think about rejecting the car.

Give the dealer a chance to fix - it could be something simple like a missing grommet but if they can't fix properly then reject the car. You don't want to be stuck with months/years of having to go back to have it looked at. It isn't good enough on a new car.

Hopefully though it will be an easy fix, it is fairly common unfortunately on Fiestas so dealers should be familiar with the causes/fixes.

Car has gone into the dealers today, I felt it only fair to give them the chance to make the repair , but the wife is not happy she has smellt what we think is the underlay decaying , and this will stick in the memory for a while, to add insult to injury the main dealer charged me £7.49 each day for car insurance cover for the car they gave me to get about in, they did not tell me until I came to pick it up so was stuck and had no money on me, however they said i could pay on return of the car.

We are not having the new car expierience we would of liked

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all have had the car back for a fortnight now , no more water entry since. dealer found that the passenger door pillar was filling up, when the car was standing and then overflowing into the footwell when the car was on the move. I still have not been able to get an answer to the what was the cause question, but they did tell me that they removed the seats -carpet and underlay and either cleaned or replaced where needed. I did not have to pay the £7.49 fee once I had a word with the salesman who sold me the car, he was heard to have quite a frank little chat with the service manager and the fee was waved . god job really as they had my car for four days this would of cost me fourty quid for the honour of having an indoor water feature

Everyone loves a mobile pond!

Glad you got it sorted though, thankfully I've had no such problems.