Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Old School Vs New School

ManxKat

Out and about this sunny weekend I came across an old school XR2. It was in immaculate condition.

I couldn't resist a photo parked next to my newer fiesta. So thought I would share it with you all.

Size difference is interesting :)

b7525f1e.jpg

a6fddf8b.jpg

863072f6.jpg

Aww, love seeing old school fezzers! Last week in the space of a day I saw two mk3 xr2's, one black, which looked immaculate and one white, which could use a bit of TLC!

Come to think of it, my family have had a lot of fiestas!

From the ones I can remember... my dad had many mk1s & 2's but I remember from when I was a tiny toot, he had two white mk1 supersports (one used for parts). My sister had a blue mk3 for her first car, then later on had a white mk3 xr2i she sold it got something else then went back and bought another white xr2i! My brother has stripped and/or restored about 2 or 3 mk1's & mk2's (my fav one being the bright orange "baked bean" as it was called!) And my mum had a red mk3 xr2i at the same time my sister had her second one! And now I have mine! :o

Will have to look out some pictures!

I love the xr2's i would have got one, But the insurance is way too high for someone whos been driving for 8 months :P I would have to go for a white one.

What nice weather you have and take a look at the differences, its astonishing how many differences there are!

looks like my old mans, he completely refurbed his, it's a beautiful car.

What nice weather you have and take a look at the differences, its astonishing how many differences there are!

We had a scorcher on sunday! I can't get over the size difference. My rear wheels are lined up with the XR2's rear wheels!!!

It really is super tiny!

I love the xr2's i would have got one, But the insurance is way too high for someone whos been driving for 8 months :P I would have to go for a white one.

I bought a Fiesta RS Turbo with my ex husband before I passed my test - and I never got to drive it because the insurance was ridiculous!

We had a scorcher on sunday! I can't get over the size difference. My rear wheels are lined up with the XR2's rear wheels!!!

It really is super tiny!

I bought a Fiesta RS Turbo with my ex husband before I passed my test - and I never got to drive it because the insurance was ridiculous!

They are the original pocket rockets, my dads mate had an xr2 bubble wrapped and stored in his garage. Wonder if he still has it?? Would be worth a fortune now im sure

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club