Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fusion 1.4Tdci 2003

stevenp7145

Hi all, can anyone tell me the exact position of the blower motor resistor on a 2003 fusion 1.4tdci.

I seem to have spent hours searching the web for an answer, without any joy.

Now found this site, so come on guys can anyone help a newby out.

Regards steve.

On older model Fiestas it's under the dash by the glovebox a good place to start

On older model Fiestas it's under the dash by the glovebox a good place to start

thanks for that, have already had the glovebox off and cant find it there. i was wondering if it could be behind the fuse board?

thanks for your reply.

thanks for that, have already had the glovebox off and cant find it there. i was wondering if it could be behind the fuse board?

thanks for your reply.

well i finally got the position from a friend of a friend. If it helps any one else out, its above the clutch pedal to the left in a high position. It was an absolute pain to get at, but all done now.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

well i finally got the position from a friend of a friend. If it helps any one else out, its above the clutch pedal to the left in a high position. It was an absolute pain to get at, but all done now.

I am sorry to resurrect this topic - but it is exactly the same question, for the same model. I have a 2003 1.4 TDCi and I am struggling to locate exactly where you say the resistor is. I don't know if you still own the car and are able to take a photo with your mobile or something - but I would love some help on this.

Here's hoping....thanks!

• 1 year later...

This is an old post but for anybody else who has the problem, my 2003 Fusion 2 TDic has the heater speed control resistor unit behind the heater motor, accessible from behind the clutch pedal. After removing the panel, I had to use a torch and mirror to find it because I couldn't get my head down there. The resistor unit stands out because it is white. I had to use a flexible screw driver about 25cm long to reach it. The screws were torx (can't remember the exact size) which helped keep the bit in place. I had to insert the bit by feel.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Many thanks to those who contributed to this thread, without it I would have had no chance, with it I changed the resistor pack today. The 2 gems of info above were "above the clutch pedal to the left" and "The resistor unit stands out because it is white".

FWIW, here's my summary for the job on a 56 pate Fusion 1.4TDCi:

Remove the panel below the steering column (not the one on the side of the centre console), by removing 3 cross-head screws on the lower edge, and 2 more that are accessible when you open the "coin holder", and then pull it off a clip at the top left.

Using a torch and maybe a mirror, kneeling down next to the car and leaning into the footwell, look roughly across the top of the clutch pedal pivot, you can see some sort of black electrical module with a label that says something like "POS 2", and just visible above and further in is a white unit with a square grey electrical connector.

This white unit is the resistor pack, so disconnect the grey electrical connector and if you position yourself just right, you should see the 2 securing screws - these are #20 Torx, and trying to get a screwdriver on them will leave you cursing, but persevere and you will get them, along with scratches and skimmed knuckles. Alternatively get someone with smaller hands and more supple joints to do it for you.

Getting the screws back in to fit the new one was not as bad as getting them out, but be careful not to drop them as they will probably fall into an inaccessible place and rattle to irritate you further.

A new unit was £28 from Ford. The Parts guy said he'd sold 3 already that Saturday morning.

I did the one on my 54 plate focus a year or 2 ago - a thousand times easier.

• Like 2

Yup up by the clutch pedal in front of the heater unit by the engine bulkhead, complete sod to get to, but Maplins have the resistors at 80p each, bit of soldering, job done...............tho i clobbered the screen with a flippin extension bar while trying to drag myself out.......oh well at least all the elements will work for a bit once the new screen is fitted lmfao

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

hi got a ford fusion 1,4 tdci trying to locate heater fan any one no were it is thanks rob

• 2 months later...
On 8/28/2012 at 6:07 PM, stevenp7145 said:

thanks for your reply.

I have an 04 fusion its under steeering wheel right up under dash on bulkhead

On 8/28/2012 at 4:38 PM, stevenp7145 said:

Hi all, can anyone tell me the exact position of the blower motor resistor on a 2003 fusion 1.4tdci.

I seem to have spent hours searching the web for an answer, without any joy.

Now found this site, so come on guys can anyone help a newby out.

Regards steve.

Under stering wheel on bulkhead right up on bulkhead

• 5 months later...

The heater motor is located on the passenger side at the top of the dash above glove box not a bad job tbh 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club