Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Bulbs ?

Gary Minty Jupe

Hi guys and girls

As pay day is fast approaching :D i am thinking about changing all my bulbs just wondering what are your recommendations are for brightest and whitest etc ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brigante

• .Ryan

• Stoney871

• artscot79

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've recently fitted Osram H1 & H7 Night Breaker Plus bulbs along with some Philips Blue Vision sidelights. The difference is quite amazing, from thinking that my lights were never on and constantly having to check the switch I can actually see things at night :D I was even thinking of fitting HIDs but now I won't bother!

I've recently fitted Osram H1 & H7 Night Breaker Plus bulbs along with some Philips Blue Vision sidelights. The difference is quite amazing, from thinking that my lights were never on and constantly having to check the switch I can actually see things at night :D I was even thinking of fitting HIDs but now I won't bother!

+1

I have fitted Osram Nightbreaker Plus H7's and H1's aswell as some Cree H11 fog bulbs and matching 5smd 6000k parking bulbs.

The nightbreakers are the brightest road legal bulbs on the market.

But if your looking for the 6000k white look aswell as good light then you would be best to purchased the osram cool blue intense H7's for the low beam fitting.

sidelights i use the power bulbs standard wedge bulb extreme diamond whites very bright very white and match the hid bulbs and if you want some try these top marks in testing against bulbs 10 times there price- hid effect 600k white light and tested by what car came out tops against all other bulbs http://www.ebay.co.u...=item43b296d482 http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/36230/headlamp-bulbs-tested

• 2 weeks later...

Gary,

Would you say the Osrams are "pure white"? I am torn between philips x-treme vision +100% or the Nightbreakers. Osrams are MUCH cheaper! Can you repost when you sort out your side lights!? Also wanting some nice white possibly LED sidelights so I'm interested to know how you get on!

i would not say they are the whitest bulb but they are nice and very bright and really light up the road

I've heard off a lot of other motoring forums that the Osram's blow within a year. I have the Philips X-Treme Visiion and they are very bright bulbs and they've lasted for two years now!

Those hyper whites must be different to what I was looking at before, cause I was about to purchase the hyper whites and just as I was about to click 'buy it now' I noticed on the listing I was looking at it said they was not actually road legal and that they was for off road only

Lol could be worse.. you could be a copper recommending none road legal bulbs to unsuspecting innocent people causing them to get pulled over by coppers for blinding many people.. Oh wait.. :P

I was just about to link the cool blue intense's too

Here's how mine look

2012-09-01053930.jpg

2012-09-01053623.jpg

Lol could be worse.. you could be a copper recommending none road legal bulbs to unsuspecting innocent people causing them to get pulled over by coppers for blinding many people.. Oh wait.. :P

Oww, Stop twisting that knife already. :(

Oww, Stop twisting that knife already. :(

:o Would I do a thing like that?? ;) :ph34r:

Thanks for the pics Brigante, they look really good mate. Look a good match to the cree bulbs too. Since I am a bit of a noob with bulbs I'm guessing the non "xenon" bulbs e.g. nightbreakers and x-treme visions wont be as white but may produce better/more light on the road?

Very naughty of that seller you linked to stoney, no mention on there about not being legal! That is probably why so many people are driving around blinding other drivers!

I should have known better tbh.

5000k are a no no.

God these knife wounds are itchy. ;)

Thanks for the pics Brigante, they look really good mate. Look a good match to the cree bulbs too. Since I am a bit of a noob with bulbs I'm guessing the non "xenon" bulbs e.g. nightbreakers and x-treme visions wont be as white but may produce better/more light on the road?

Very naughty of that seller you linked to stoney, no mention on there about not being legal! That is probably why so many people are driving around blinding other drivers!

Correct the nightbreakers etc will be brighter and produce more light on the road but not be as white. However the likes of the osram cool blue intense are apparantly as bright as the night breakers as well as whiter, these are what I have in my photos. I also have the cree's in my twin reverse lights that are in my signature and display photo, think the photo's speak for themselves lol.

I was confused when reading the sellers listing Clive originally linked (not twisting the knife mate, just saying) about them not stating they are not road legal and really I suppose they should be reported cause a lot of people must have bought them wanting the brightest whitest bulbs, I certainly was about to till I saw the other listings.

However they are perfectly legal for off road use such as farmer driving round a field or summin.

At some point I'm gonna give cree side lights a go but they about 12quid the pair so a lot more than the ones Arthur linked, but I reckon the cree's will be brighter n whiter cause they are just bright white, not with a blue tint filtering out the yellow to make em white. Just depends what your willing to spend.

Art, are you using those? are they a good match? for that price cant really go far wrong.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, really appreciated. I'll keep you informed. Might start my own minor mods thread.

right, after reading this thread, i am now confused as to which bulbs/sidelight bulbs to buy.

Brigante, which ones have you got?

Stoney, which ones do you have?

Lenny, which ones do you have?

right, after reading this thread, i am now confused as to which bulbs/sidelight bulbs to buy.

Brigante, which ones have you got?

Stoney, which ones do you have?

Lenny, which ones do you have?

Currently got some very cheap white LEDs in my sidelights that I just whacked in cause I had them spare. They are very white but not sure how bright and apparently LEDs tend to fail in sidelights and flash due to the heat from the headlights but mine seem to be doing ok in the months that I've had em in.

As for dipped/high beams I've got the osram cool blue intense H1 and H7.

When I get round to it I will be taking a punt on the cree sidelights cause I don't reckon you'd get whiter but not sure on the brightness till I get some.

I have Halfords ultra brilliance dip, and some cheap eBay bulbs for main and side that for a tenner a pack produce excellent results on motorways and A roads at night in regards to whiteness and are excellent for picking out lines and road signs.

I am planning to swap over to the Osram ones I have linked to (modified list due to Brigante!) at some point to give them a go myself but not for a month or so yet.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club