Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Bulbs ?

Gary Minty Jupe

the bulbs i linked have beaten Halfords and all the others for prformance hid effect and light tested in what car and they came out tops above all the others kinda makes you wonder why the others are so expensive and yes i have them in my carpost-8800-0-05569200-1347480051_thumb.jp

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brigante

• .Ryan

• Stoney871

• artscot79

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've now drove from nottingham to birmingham and I've gotta say the difference in beam length n brightness of my cool blue h7's over the original bulbs is quite dramatic.

Also, when I last drove to nottingham it was also at night, and the Missus happened to be looking out the bedroom window waiting to watch me pull in cause I took longer than usual n she said she was getting worried (traffic).

Anyway soon as I walked through the door she said how the new bulbs was so much better and brighter and longer than the old ones, and how before she couldn't see the old beam of light on the road untill I was pulling up, where as now she said she could see the beam of light from my new bulbs coming up the road then wondered where the hell I was lol cause I was still half way down the road with no cars in front but could see my beam from that far away if you know what I mean.

at the price of the ones i got youve nothing to lose trying them out and having them as a spare set ive tried lots some look bright but the light on the road is rubbish and i drive dark back roads with lots of twisties and trees that fall etc so light for me is important havent tried Halfords cos theyre Halfords and i hate them but the cobalt ones are impressive

I agree art, is that also an led interior light I spy?

Must admit I want rid of my MTEC Cosmos Blue as they don't throw the light far enough!

Must admit I want rid of my MTEC Cosmos Blue as they don't throw the light far enough!

Looks like I made a good choice not going for them. They really that bad?

Looks like I made a good choice not going for them. They really that bad?

Quite a few brown trouser moments on the motorway the other night mate. What are yours like?

Quite a few brown trouser moments on the motorway the other night mate. What are yours like?

Top be fair the difference I've noticed is quite dramatic after doing a drive from nottingham to birmingham the other night.

Also, when I last drove back to nottingham it was also at night, and the missus happened to be looking out bedroom window to watch me pull in.

Had no cars in front of me n when I walked in she said she saw my beam of light coming up the road then wondered where I was cause I was actually still like half way down the road lol but she could see me coming from that far away, then said how with my old bulbs she couldn't see my beam till I was right outside the house.

Also said how she saw the !Removed! idiot behind me nearly went straight into the back of me as I pulled into our lay-by off the main road, even though I'd started indicating early and gradually slowed down giving plenty of warning that I was turning in.

Will get some Osrams on my eBay watch list I think!

Thinking of maybe getting the Osram H7's and maybe some 100w bulbs for the full beam, as they won't be on to blind people (just country roads etc).

.....there is also a big part of me itching to get some HID's fitted :/

I'm looking into the ST head lights but its gonna cost like 500quid for everything I'd need.

Which osrams you thinking? The night breakers or the cool blues?

Here's my cool blue H7's

2012-08-11%2022.33.56_zps007ef4b1.jpg

2012-08-11%2022.34.17_zps45d50d63.jpg

Thinking cool blue if any. I did have 100w MTECs but read a few horror stories of them melting the plastic!!?! looked good though.

A big part of me wants HID's though and I reckon I won't be happy until I have them!

Same here about the hids mate definitely a mod for the future but it's about 6th on the mods to do list lol so it's gotta wait

Pay day is finally here so I have ordered the H7's and sidelights that Art linked to. I'll let you know how it goes!

After reading this thread I'm not sure how to proceed. The general consensus seems to be brighter = better. However a matey of mine at work as just fitted some new bulbs (HID I think?) which are stupidly bright. He claims they're road legal but I'm not too sure.

Having said that, I don't want to be that guy on the motorway blinding everyone with even just dipped beams on (come across a few of them and got quite annoyed) Looking at the pictures I can't really tell just how bright the linked lights are.

Is there a nice compromise between nice bright lights allowing for good vision and blinding everyone I come across?

Osram H1 & H7 Night Breaker Plus

Completely (and I mean completely!) transformed the lights without being stupidly blue or stupidly blinding (no one had ever flashed me)

i have to agree with that topic i drive unlit backroads at night to and from work and some of these kits are so blinding instinctively you try to shield youre eyes once the car passes you can barely see the window let alone the road i agree ban the !Removed! things if you cant see using normal lights slow down or get glasses.

just yesterday night i was blinded as i went over the crest of a hill nearly rear ended the chevrolet in front who had hit the brakes blinded by the same car

theres a few ive seen on new cars and they are dazzling as well mainly bmws god knows who approved them in my case its a pitch black road so when they hit you you really cant see im all for technology but these are a nuisance and i dont think it will be long before vosa step in

throw the light as far as standard bulbs.

Candles would do about the same job as standard bulbs

Fair play to the eBay shops that Art linked to, bulbs ordered yesterday, arrived today! May get a chance to fit tonight! I will try get some pics and give the most honest review I can!