Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Information Displays Poor

StanH

I have not been able to find a search facility on here so I don't know if this has already been discussed.

The visibilty of information on both the small display and on the radio is pathetic on my car - it is only in certain light conditions that it is readable.

Is this something I have to live with or is there some simple action can be taken to brighten them?

The Ghia has a small dimmer switch on the lights panel to the right of the steering wheel which controls the brightness of the instrument cluster and radio display.

Firstly, are you aware of this dimmer and can you adjust it to increase the brightness?

If it doesn't work I'd suggest that this is where the problem is - broken dimmer switch/wiring.

I have got an unidentified small horizontal rotating wheel directly below the headlamp leveller.

Rotating it does nothing I can detect - is that the one?

I have got an unidentified small horizontal rotating wheel directly below the headlamp leveller.

Rotating it does nothing I can detect - is that the one?

Yes that should be it - if it doesn't increase / decrease the brightness of your display then as suggested by GSM above it could be a duff switch unit. Does the leveler dial work OK? and all lighting positions?

Stu

I'm on a steep learning curve here.

Have discovered that the control does work - you need to have the lights on - and then it acts as a dimmer.

Unfortunately that's not my problem. When the car is in the garage the displays have a fairly bright green background with black figures but once outside in almost any brightness they are swamped - driving in sunlight is the worst - nothing can be seen until you get the sun from another angle which then illuminates the displays. If I drive shining a torch on the display it is clear.

On many cars the figures are LCDs etc and very visible but on this car the figures rely on the contrast between the black symbols and the green background.

Pretty useless as far as I can see and probably nothing can be done about it

That's a shame - i was hoping it was simply a contrast issue for you.

I have a facelift 2.5 focus with the Sony DAB unit and red display and it's been great - to the point where it's too bright at night ;) - Someone may be along with more advice based on their own experience..... roll on dark days and long nights!

Stu

There's only been a few occasions when it has been RIDICULOUSLY bright where I've been unable to see things on the instrument cluster. It's happened maybe 3/4 times since I've had the car, but then again I live in Scotland.

Not really much you can do about it if that's the case.

You could fit a screen hood like the type available for digital cameras.

That will mask the sun but still allow viewing of the screen.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club