Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Brakes

Jwsturner

Has anyone got a big brake kit fitted?

I was thinking of the Pumaspeed Stage 2 kit

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Fiesta-Mk7-Stage-2-Front-Big-Brake-Upgrade-Kit-300mm_1010.jsp

It's not a bad price. I think the stock brakes are crap. Unsure if I go down standard disc size and better pads if this would be significantly better than stock, and the price difference is not that much. Obviously the insurance is going to go up even though I'm increasing the safety!

What have other people done regarding improving braking?

Go with those with the Mintex pads, much much better breaking performance.

I don't understand why you would even consider this idea. I find the brakes are fine for the power of the car. It's not a 200bhp+ hot hatch is it :ph34r: You may find a simple ajustment on the brakes by a tyre garage will improve the feel of them.

I have to agree, I'm quite happy with the stock brakes.

My mum has a 206 SW 1.6 HDi 110, which has discs all round and is way over servo'd. You as much as breathe on the brakes and it throws you through the windscreen. I like progressive brakes, not "bitey" brakes, I used to hate driving her car before I got my Fiesta.

Maybe you're right. My last car was a Mini Cooper JCW and the fez just doesn't feel like it stops as good as it should. Maybe better discs and pads will be ok. Plus the bigger brakes would need declaring to insurance.

Would also be worthwhile replacing the brake fluid. If its not been done from new it's overdue any way...

im for putting a 300mm kit on the front of mine soon. using mondeo mk3 calipers, focus st170 disk's and caliper brackets from a guy on zsoc, works aout at around £250 for it all. altho im starting to do alot more track days in my car now. so extra braking power is needed.

mountune are now offering an alcon ( branded mountune) 300mm package that comes in at the £1000 mark.

i personaly think the brakes are half decent as stadard but with heavy use they start to fade quite quickly. hence me upgrading mine

I agree - unless you're taking your car on the track they're pointless. I have the 134bhp engine and they stop me quick enough

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club