Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Void Warranty ????

MarkTDCI

I have had my car lowered 40mm this week and some nice 17" alloys put on but will this void my warranty? what other things can void your warranty???

:o Mark TDCI

If you didnt have the car lowered on Eibach springs (which Ford use if you get them to lower it) then chances are the warranty on the springs will be void.

this is a interesting post :huh: as iv thought about some apex springs but now i know this il second think this , how much can the springs cost any ideas im looking at trying to lower my facelift mk6 30ml

I wanted to add 17" ford alloys to my zetec which has 15", ford themselves told me even if i use ford alloys direct from ford, putting 17" alloys on my new zetec which doesnt have an option to have 17" alooys when bought new would void my warranty.

Did you have to get your speedo callibrated or anything for the bigger wheels? any problems on turning circle with your wheel arches?

if you wanted to lower it, couldnt you do so and then just put the original springs back on should it need a visit to ford?

Don't know about fiesta/focus, but I personally know many (or better a number of) guys in UK and elsewhere who lowered their smaxes. That didn't invalidate the warranty as I know some who did a warranty repair afterwards. However they didn't go for a non-specified tyre size.

The most of the problems they had is the insurance - being prudent they all declared the changes (which also included an engine chip) and insurance they pay is higher than for a standard car.

Probably better to go and ask in ford, and I also know that some garages doing mods take over the warranty and pay for it.

so changing the wheels and size can invalidate warrenty then its a bit odd aint it , still guna put some new wheels on it tho just declair it with ins cant see it making that much difference to premeoms .

think i might go do ford today and ask .

so changing the wheels and size can invalidate warrenty then its a bit odd aint it , still guna put some new wheels on it tho just declair it with ins cant see it making that much difference to premeoms .

think i might go do ford today and ask .

hi Dannyp, only problem with that is the insurance company will do their upmost to wriggle out of paying you out if you have the wheels stolen or you unfortunatly total the car as the car you have does not correspond to the car you insured.

when I got my fiesta zetec it came with a tech pack (auto wipers auto lights power fold mirrors etc) and a sport pack (16 alloys,black glass), they asked me if it had any modifications and I told them all done when built at the factory,they still checked with the underwriters brfore letting me have the insurance without upping the premium so i got it at the standard rate because I came clean....... beware there very happy to take your money but not so happy about paying out....... but best of luck

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not as big as a 747 but much easier to park )

hi Dannyp, only problem with that is the insurance company will do their upmost to wriggle out of paying you out if you have the wheels stolen or you unfortunatly total the car as the car you have does not correspond to the car you insured.

when I got my fiesta zetec it came with a tech pack (auto wipers auto lights power fold mirrors etc) and a sport pack (16 alloys,black glass), they asked me if it had any modifications and I told them all done when built at the factory,they still checked with the underwriters brfore letting me have the insurance without upping the premium so i got it at the standard rate because I came clean....... beware there very happy to take your money but not so happy about paying out....... but best of luck

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is very true. My dad owns an insurance company and its in their best interest not to pay out if they can :) best to tell the truth from the word go and never have to worry

thanks for the advice guys , mine came also with the tech pack and as standard 16" alloys i got the 1.25 zetec blue stunning lil car but i just want to lower it and add some 17" to it no much to do like but was cocerned with the sus springs :huh: what do you think it will rase my inc by would it be alot ? im 25 in my first year driving bit of a odd 1 old enough to know not to be stupid driving arround :ph34r: but first year so not alot of knowlage in driving lol :lol: im paying just under a grand atm :angry: theving gits lol i can still taste the stale after taste of that credit crunch tho :lol:

I really dont know. Best to phone up and ask questions but never give policy numbers etc so they cant track it back to you if its to much and you still go ahead with it etc :)

:lol: i wouldnt think of doin such a thing , sneaky sneaky :ph34r: . have you done any thing to your car like any slight mods :) :) the only thing iv done to mine atm is a blue neon light just under the edge of the rear seat looks good not chavvy B)

Atm i dont have car :) and even when i do im not really that into modding cars to be honest. Little things yea but im more into buying a car that is built to look good, if you get me.

Cant wait for the new ST to come out.

well im liking the st like thats what i want to do make mine look like 1 without haven to pay the cost of what the st ins would be like lol ha ha

well im liking the st like thats what i want to do make mine look like 1 without haven to pay the cost of what the st ins would be like lol ha ha

Your insurance is just under a grand?..........god almighty you poor thing..............I know i am a bit older that you and ime female which helps a bit.....and my car now is 1.4i Zetec but I have 7 years NCB and my insurance fully comp was £180.on the Fiesta

with the Zurich via the A.A with a £120 excess,£60 for glass ....even my ex 2.0 ltr mk 4 Mondeo which I have just sold was only£236 per year fully comp.............but a grand thats outragous,although if your paying that much I guess perhaps a few pounds more might be benificial to cover the things you want to do with out invaladating your cover

best wishes danny p hope you get it sorted as for the oiley bits I guess you had better ask the boys

Kristal

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ha ha lol :lol: i will do honey im good at doin things on my car if i know how too only have to be shown 1s and i can do it again im good like that but as for ins cover im only in my first year driving so it should go down alot next year i hope :huh: but yea take care too x x

danny p x x

£1000 insurance blimey. I know at 35 I'm an old codger but I paid £235 fully comp, all modifications declared and ICE covered too.

£1000 insurance blimey. I know at 35 I'm an old codger but I paid £235 fully comp, all modifications declared and ICE covered too.

The only bad thing about being young :)

• 3 weeks later...
The only bad thing about being young :)

well i got my wheels eventualy got some nice 17" on now looks so good . i had to get my mate to drive it past me in the dark so i cold see the gleam of the wheels in the dark with the light reflecting off them lol .

i know im sad but they look hot man lol just looks like its on stilts now need to get it lowered. will upload some pix later took some but they too big so need to take more in smaller res .