Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet Lock... Can't Get In! Help :(

SteveandMichelleFocus

Hey everyone!

Just gone to fill up the screen wash and we can't open the bonnet, the key just turns and nothing happens! Is this going to cost a small fortune to fix?

• Like 1

Someone has done a guide on how to get into it , forum search and you shou,d find the guide it may be in the focus guide section.

thank you Pree, cant find it but shall carry on hunting for it :)

Thank you! Great help, hope we can do it

• 1 year later...

i currently have the same problem my machanic opened it from the hinges but with great difficulty so after that i started googling for a solution of wich i found alot of people are experiancing the same problem personally i believe Ford should have recalled this technology and bring back the all reliable cable opener i want to patition on this cause paying R2000 for something that is clearly factory fault is not on

A petition is not a bad idea Brian, however, I do not believe that Ford will listen.

anything is worth a try though!

• Like 1

get onto bbc watchdog to see if they can do something about it!

would it not be easier to break the top grill and access the cables and open the bonnet?

i know an RS owner had this issue and various members (large convoy going to Ford Fair) opened his bonnet by removing the lower bonnet and used a large screwdriver.

i was able to open the bonnet by removing the hinges and unsrewing the lock with an extended ranch

• 3 years later...

Would seems that the key doesn't go in far enough as the hole in the grill won't allow the fat remote key to operate the lock.once I had aventually opened the bonnet, I removed the grill and drilled a bigger hole in the plastic behind the ford badge.key now operating like a dream.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club