Do Not Sell My Personal Information

08 Ford Focus Style Armrest

gumpy321

Hi there,

I'm after a centre console armrest for my 2008 Focus Style. The car came without one which I guess is standard spec.

I have found one on eBay, however, the colour of the plastic looks different to mine. Link

Mine is more like this colour: 06072007288.jpg

Any idea where I could get one despite eBay. I tried a few local scrappies, but all they had in where LX's and Style's!

Was there two colours on the interior? I believe there are also newer type centre consoles in the Zetec 2.5, but that has the 12v cigarette terminal in the console itself, is that easy to re-route?

Thanks,

I managed to get hold of one today from a scrapyard in Swinton called Salvage King. £60 inc VAT. These gor for £90+ on eBay.

Before:

20120901115010.jpg

After:

20120901180235.jpg

What do you guys think? I missed an armrest! I also fitted the Sony DAB radio last week as well.

• Like 1

I like.

I'm planning to attempt fitting a facelift console in my MK2 and have started getting parts together to do so.

I have tte console top civer on the way and just need the spare 12v socket (on the way) and main console part now.

Part of this process is a 12v socket doubler so as to keep my original cubbyhole socket and fit another one in the rear storage area or where some facelift consoles have a keyless start button.

I bought this to allow an extension socket to be run off from the original unit.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221118655802

i see what you mean about the colour difference. i want one too but am not paying £60 for one. how easy/difficult was it to fit?

£60 youre having a laugh theres one on eBay right now at £73.00 plus £12.00 delivery thats 85 quid and there still bidding on it

20120901180235.jpg

What do you guys think? I missed an armrest!

Looks much better with an armrest, the centre console looks complete now. Nice job.

Paul :)

£60 youre having a laugh theres one on ebay right now at £73.00 plus £12.00 delivery thats 85 quid and there still bidding on it

I know. They guy in Swinton was sound. This is why I did my searching around after seeing that one on eBay, Bargain I think. And after market armrests that you screw in are £60 upwards.

i see what you mean about the colour difference. i want one too but am not paying £60 for one. how easy/difficult was it to fit?

4 socket screws. Two under the gear stick/gator. Two in the back under the panel. Hardest part was actually getting the thing out because the handbrake was in the way. I had to unscrew the handbrake adjuster and pull it up to get it off. 30 min job.

• 6 months later...

Hi there,

I'm after a centre console armrest for my 2008 Focus Style. The car came without one which I guess is standard spec.

I have found one on eBay, however, the colour of the plastic looks different to mine. Link

Mine is more like this colour: 06072007288.jpg

Any idea where I could get one despite eBay. I tried a few local scrappies, but all they had in where LX's and Style's!

Was there two colours on the interior? I believe there are also newer type centre consoles in the Zetec 2.5, but that has the 12v cigarette terminal in the console itself, is that easy to re-route?

Thanks,

Hi, nice work, I did the refurb too! However my armrest covering is a bit dirty, cigarette marks etc, and I can't seem to remove the top armrest covering to clean it or replace, there are no screws visible... have you any ideas how to take it off?

Here's a pic to help! There are 4 tabs on each side that have unclipped but the rest of top plastic cover wont budge!
Any ideas how to get it off? The armrest came from a 2007 ford focus cc.
I'm also looking for the plastic (garage door) panel for rear of armrest if anybody can help? ^_^

20130306 130828

When I had my 09 plate Style I fitted a cenre console from a Titanium. Was a right pain in the end as the Handbrake surround, gear surround and the panels that go on the front and under the dash were all completely different shapes. Fortunately they weren't too expensive from Fords and I got the main part cheap from eBay.

• 1 year later...

Hi i bought a center counsel for my ford focus 2007 zeatec, im not great with cars and was wondering on how to chance this , reason being is my armrest was broken and i don't think you can just replace the armrest with out doing the whole counsel if you can or have any suggestions on what to do would be great.

• 1 year later...

Hi sorry to dig this up, but i have an mk2.5 08 style (centreconsole as above pictured) and im wanting an armrest. Im not too fussed about the extra 12v sockets as i dont even use the one i have! When i look on eBay, all the ones that match mine but have an armrest are listed as for the mk2, is this the right one? 

It seems as though the 08 style simply has a mk2 console? If this is true then im guessing should be a pretty simple swap, and could keep ny original gaitors?

Also, if i did decide to go for the newer one with the extra sockets (coz the armrest does look sturdier) would i need the bracket thats normally required for the mk2 to mk2.5 upgrade (despite mine being a mk2.5?)

That is the mk2 console (and in some rare cases the early mk2.5)

The brackets and different gearstick gaiter are needed as the gaiter surround on the mk2 is smaller so will just fall through the facelift console.

The bracket is essentialk as the mk2 console just bolts straight down into the centre tunnel on the floor, the bracket uses the same holes to fit the bracket.

I did the upgrade a while back on my old mk2 Focus and did a guide with full parts listings-

Guide to fitting a MK2.5 (facelift) Focus console into a MK2 Focus.pdf

If you need any guidance or wiring help just give me a shout.

Full armrest mk2 console on ebay-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-focus-center-console-arm-rest-zetec-titanium-st-225-2005-2008-/262181531213?hash=item3d0b3cae4d:g:1tgAAOSwAKxWZrVL

Full mk2.5 console 9minus bracket and kick panels on ebay-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-FORD-FOCUS-CENTRE-CONSOLE-FLOOR-TRIM-INC-GEAR-KNOB-GAITER-2008-2011-/361461563377?fits=Car+Make%3AFord|Model%3AFocus&hash=item5428c9bff1:g:IVAAAOSwa-dWikI7

That is the correct bracket indeed.

I was looking at that listing too but the console does look a bit abused tbh.

Maybe this one is in better condition? (but dearer) -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK3-FACELIFT-08-11-ZETEC-CENTRE-CONSOLE-ARMREST-USB-TYPE-/151932230449?hash=item235fdddb31:g:H~sAAOSwk1JWgqIN

(BTW, thanks for the mention of my guide, glad to be of service).

Found this one which is an absolute bargain as it has the ashtray, switch panel and facelift radio fascia (resellable if not wanted) -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-FORD-FOCUS-CENTRE-CONSOLE-FLOOR-TRIM-INC-GEAR-KNOB-GAITER-2005-2011-/361461719281?fits=Car+Make%3AFord|Model%3AFocus&hash=item5428cc20f1:g:si4AAOSwYIhWioBe

There is a small rip in the handbrake gaiter but depends on how visible it will be in daily use?

Yeah it does look abused but was thinking the mrs would be able to get it shiny again, i was gonna order the ash tray from the same guys (combined postage). I dont need the facelift fascia cos mine is the facelift, it just seems they were getting rid of old stock centre consoles when mine was built! (May 08)

• Like 1

Usual drill to use up bits.

You will need a new socket surround though as that one as listed is split , it may be a stock image though as I've seen a couple from that seller with the same photos.

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2013 at 10:27 AM, dondryder said:
Here's a pic to help! There are 4 tabs on each side that have unclipped but the rest of top plastic cover wont budge!

Any ideas how to get it off? The armrest came from a 2007 ford focus cc.

I'm also looking for the plastic (garage door) panel for rear of armrest if anybody can help? ^_^

20130306 130828

I don't think you can, if you look at the hinge from the back (not seen in the pic) you see where Ford has plastic welded the unit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club