Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cleaning Products

sambooka

I have always used auto glym products and have always been impressed with the results but now I have nearly used it all I'm thinking of converting to meguiers I've heard good things about there products but not sure what I need to buy. I normally use wash+wax and polish

I use a mixture of Meguiars or Auto Finesse! Both really good quality products,

As for the Meguiars:

Shampoo - either gold class shampoo which is a plain shampoo (smells amazing!!)

or Ultimate wash and wax which is shampoo with wax particles and gives a stunning shine just from a wash

Polish they only sell one worthwhile which is ultimate polish

For more stubborn marks to the paint then ultimate compound (really good at removing swirls and scratches to the paint)

Wax - their best range is either ultimate liquid wax / paste wax, its purely preference on this ( I personally prefer liquid wax)

Have you ever thought about claying as well? Removes dirt you can't even see on the car, gives outstanding results

Hope this helps

I use meguires ultimate detailing spray for between washes when dust and other grime builds up. Just spray on. Wipe off. Turn over cloth and buff. It gives a great shine and awesome water repellent. Works great on alloys too.

My general kit consists of:

Bilt Hamber snow foam

Valet Pro Bilberry wheel cleaner

Autoglym shampoo

Autoglym Super Resin Polish

Meguiars QD with Elite Car Care fine clay

3M Quick Wax for in between protection. Collinite 915 about twice a year.

Autoglym Fast Glass.

I find some Meguairs products a pain to get on with. I'm not a huge fan of their polish. Stick with Autoglym SRP for a simple, easy to use polish.

The best shampoo is easily Dodo Juice Born To Be mild. Has won a number of awards on detailing World.

With regaurds to wax, it's what ever you're happy with to be honest. AutoGlym HD wax is one of the best high street waxes.

I have tried most on the market and find some better than others depending on the colour of the car or temperature of the bodywork.

One product that stands out way above the rest is Dodo Juice detailing spray. Simply stunning results for a quick wipe on/wipe off shine and a must have for car shows.

Thanks for the advise guys think I'm going to stick with autoglym polish as its simple to use but I think I might go for Meguiars spray wax as I'm not paying a small fortune for autoglyms hd wax and the dodo juice is becoming a must as my plastics are starting to turn white with all the polishing

The quick wax isn't a proper wax mind, don't get me wrong I've got it myself and it does exactly what it says on the tin but if you want better clarity (and some amazing beading) go for one of the proper waxes

If you want a liquid wax - definitely AG Aqua Wax.

The Megs spray waxes aren't great (with the exception of the xpress waxes).

Others to consider:

Duragloss Aquawax (smells AMAZING)

Dodo Red Mist (technically a sealant)

Have you tried Dodo Juice Supernatural Acrylic Spritz dan? It's much the same as RMT but it's water based. Gives a good 3-4 months protection too!

I gave it a go the other day, and i'm very pleased with the results.

I haven't tried it Mark owing to the fact that Red Mist makes my skin go red, so I'm reluctant to try their similar products.

I'd say being a water based product, rather than a strong solvent what's found in RTM - it won't have any issuses with skin. It's much safer on new layers of wax too. However - it does have a very strange smell to it...

Is there any sort of spray wax you would recommend as I'm looking at Meguiars next spray wax or quick spray wax. Also dodo juice red mist but I think that's more of a sealer. I just want to be able to wax it quickly not much mucking around I spend half the day washing and polishing it

While there is nothing wrong with using Dodo BOB detailing spray on it's own, remember it has very little protection. If you don't want to mess around with a wax - use a sealant. This can be used on it's own and last around 4 months before a top up is needed. A very good sealant is Dodo's new acrylic spritz. Costs around £13 for 250ml and the results are simply amazing from a single wipe.

What i'd do is, apply a coat of acrylic spritz and in between washes, use BOB detailing spray.

While there is nothing wrong with using Dodo BOB detailing spray on it's own, remember it has very little protection. If you don't want to mess around with a wax - use a sealant. This can be used on it's own and last around 4 months before a top up is needed. A very good sealant is Dodo's new acrylic spritz. Costs around £13 for 250ml and the results are simply amazing from a single wipe.

What i'd do is, apply a coat of acrylic spritz and in between washes, use BOB detailing spray.

Thanks for that info will get on fleebay and get some ordered will this also get rid of the fine scratches in my paint as wax would

No, sealants don't remove any defects in the paintwork. You will still need to polish them out with Autoglym SRP or simlar. The above method is simply a protection stage. Just remember with polish, you never fully remove the scratch. It will simply hide it for a couple of months.

No, sealants don't remove any defects in the paintwork. You will still need to polish them out with Autoglym SRP or simlar. The above method is simply a protection stage. Just remember with polish, you never fully remove the scratch. It will simply hide it for a couple of months.

I do use autoglym srp already every other time I wash the car as its white this is quite regular I.e every week or so with you saying it should last a few months is this to often or is it to be expected as I have never used any wax or sealant on the car just shampoo&wax combined an polish

A well prepared car ie clay and polished then waxed properly will be much easier to keep clean as contaminants stick to the wax not the car & wax is what makes the paint POP and SHINE on the summer days :)

Anyone tried the " Showroom Shine " range of products ?

Would be interested to hear any users experiences.

They're just like a quick detailer, a off spin of wax. They're pretty good for that instant shine, if you're going to use them they're not a substitute for washing the car though as you'll swirl it really bad.

The dust will be caught under the micro fibre and you'll rub it into the paint, so give it a wash first then use the spray.

A well prepared car ie clay and polished then waxed properly will be much easier to keep clean as contaminants stick to the wax not the car & wax is what makes the paint POP and SHINE on the summer days :)

Is claying easy to do and what does it do as I've never done it before

I have been using Autobrite products recently, and there Project32 detailer/spray sealant is the best i have used.

I must admit i have a mixture of makes, autoglym, Meguiars etc in my collection, but as long as the product is good, i suppose that the most important thing!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club