Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Challenge: How Far Can You Go?

iNath

The engine's standard ;) I did install a K&N panel filter last week but I was getting 60+mpg way before that. It's all to do with driving style.

Ah, no chance I'm getting above 50 then! Still, it's miles better than the 20-25 my old Alfa got

I get higher mpg at 80 than I seem to at any other point, think it's going to Ford to have a poke at, I'm pretty sure my MPG shouldn't go from 60's down to high 40's on average >_>

What is the fuel tank capacity on a 1.25 petrol engine anyone?

What is the fuel tank capacity on a 1.25 petrol engine anyone?

All petrol Mk7's have a 42l tank, diesels 40l

I get between 350 and 400 miles depending on driving from a 1.25 (82)

All petrol Mk7's have a 42l tank, diesels 40l

I get between 350 and 400 miles depending on driving from a 1.25 (82)

Thanks for that! I get around the same from my 1.25 (82 also). That's mainly from going around 70-75 though, going to try and slow it down to see how much I can get out of it!

Will mine get better, I've only done about 600 miles now (in 2 weeks). I know its not always correct but the computer says I'm averaging 36.8 MPG, I do tend to have a lead foot sometimes, but generally drive quite sensible & efficient. I try to go with the shift up light on the dashboard but sometimes when going uphill I need to be in gear 2 or 3 and it tells me to shift up, and the car would just slow down to a halt if i went to 4, it's quite hilly where I live, witch might explain my MPG so far.

Would the K&N Filter help in any way?

Will mine get better, I've only done about 600 miles now (in 2 weeks). I know its not always correct but the computer says I'm averaging 36.8 MPG, I do tend to have a lead foot sometimes, but generally drive quite sensible & efficient. I try to go with the shift up light on the dashboard but sometimes when going uphill I need to be in gear 2 or 3 and it tells me to shift up, and the car would just slow down to a halt if i went to 4, it's quite hilly where I live, witch might explain my MPG so far.

Would the K&N Filter help in any way?

If your car has only done 600 miles your engine will still be tight you should leave it a few thousand to run in properly before you start changing things. And if it's hill we're you are it effects mpg quite a bit anyway also trip computer is not to be trusted only on how much fuel you've got left and even that is a lie

My car a 1.6 tdci zs after a few good motorway runs and running on bp ultimate deisel apparently it did 48.7mpg and manages 428 miles with only 10 miles left both according to the computer have done this twice now with the same result

125C1412-0FC6-4507-B7D1-797B8CC62CE5-12091-00000CB4E72DDB9B.jpg

Might have to go see ford for an econo check

Your driving is shocking Sam, seems strange I can get over 130miles more from the same car? B)

Your driving is shocking Sam, seems strange I can get over 130miles more from the same car? B)

My driving is frankly pedestrian and boring I late and I know what you mean that's why I'm getting the econo check done to see what rubbish ford tell me

My driving is frankly pedestrian and boring I late and I know what you mean that's why I'm getting the econo check done to see what rubbish ford tell me

I'm afraid Ford don't do the Econocheck anymore :(

I'm afraid Ford don't do the Econocheck anymore :(

Waaa oh no dont tell me they just say well it's supposed to do that or looks normal to me for the same price

Question... All you guys getting 100's more miles then me, do you have the aircon on? Or do you find that it affects the mps noticeably? I dont drive that slow, but i also have the aircon on all the time (i think it makes the car a nicer place to be in, I never open the windows).

Usually if I have the aircon on it affects the miles to empty figure a lot more than the average mpg, just going by the trip computer

Question... All you guys getting 100's more miles then me, do you have the aircon on? Or do you find that it affects the mps noticeably? I dont drive that slow, but i also have the aircon on all the time (i think it makes the car a nicer place to be in, I never open the windows).

I personally rarely use air con as it does effect mpg quite a lot although as my mpg is crap anyway it might help me

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club