Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Indicator Not Working

james132

Was driving the car this morning when one of the indicators stopped working (Fast flashing on the dash)

So got home and checked which it was. It was the rear, luckly I had a brand new one sitting in the garage so put that in, still no luck.. So decided to take the working bulb from the other side to try it.. Still nothing.

Any ideas what the problem could be? The plug on the back of the bulb holder is in good condition, no corrosion etc..

Any ideas would be appreciated?

sounds like a shortout on the bulb holder.... might be worth triggering the indicator then doing a check with a multimeter?

John, would the fuse not blow all of it as opposed to just one bulb? or are there some inline fuses between the fuseboard and the bulb?

I would imagine (and hope

John, would the fuse not blow all of it as opposed to just one bulb? or are there some inline fuses between the fuseboard and the bulb?

I would imagine (and hope) that each bulb as its own fuse, otherwise you could unwittingly find yourself with NO indicators due to one failure. Seems needlessly dangerous to me.

Not sure what the actual case is, but I'd hope every bulb was self-contained for blowouts.

Not sure what it is now... Possibly a bad earth?

First thing thismorning it worked properly once, then tried again liturally 10 seconds later, and its stopped again. Its going in fords tuesday for cambelt, so will ask them to have a quick look, im having a visual safety inspection done too. Luckly I dont need to use the car at all till then now.

• 4 weeks later...

I have this problem happening with one of my front indicators. The bulb and fuse is fine. I just have to pop the bonnet unscrew the headlight unit twist to take out the indicator bulb and twist it back in place and it is sorted. Don't know why it does it or why it is only one side.

• Like 1

theres a metal strip the bulb sits against usualy bending it towards you so the bulb fully makes contact works

• 2 years later...

I have this problem happening with one of my front indicators. The bulb and fuse is fine. I just have to pop the bonnet unscrew the headlight unit twist to take out the indicator bulb and twist it back in place and it is sorted. Don't know why it does it or why it is only one side.

I had the same problem i unscrewed the plastic cover for the outside of the car just 2 normal star screws. i pulled the bulb out and put it back in and its fine

i also noticed that if you put on the hazards ifs fine. but when you lock the car the lights flash it works then as well

• 5 years later...

i have a 2010 ford fucus ..the passenger wing mirror indicater light isnt working. i have changed the bulb and still doesnt work any ideas please .as due for MOT 😞

4 hours ago, wendy woo said:

i have a 2010 ford fucus ..the passenger wing mirror indicater light isnt working. i have changed the bulb and still doesnt work any ideas please .as due for MOT 😞

Do the rest of the indicators work on the passenger side? 

My left hand indicator on the dash board does not work, no audible 'clicking' from the stalk and no light on dashboard and no external flashing of external indicators, but all external orange lights work when car locks and hazards are on. Help totally stumped as cannot find if there idms a separate fuse for just left hand indicator function 

• 3 months later...

I have this issue when I trigger my indicators or my hazards no visual appear on the dash and non of the lights come on at all