Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Private Registration Plates

.Ryan

Hiya guys,

I've wanted my own private registration plate for ages now, and with me trying to build up my credit rating, I found one with a 0% interest rate online and I've gone for that (works out at about £30 per month).

Do most people on here have private registrations? Is it pretty straight forward to get it all changed over?

• Like 1

I have my own plate , it was very easy , just brought it sent documents off and a week and a half late i got the documents , plates and tax disc. Changed it over from one car to another , that cost me 100 a year and a half ago , very simple to do.

• Like 1

Yep, simple to assign. When changing cars, quicker to retain the registration then assign to new car as well.

Where are you getting it from Rh1no? Im after one myself but alot are pretty expensive however guys do i trust an eBay seller who sells lots of these or go with DVLA?

Where are you getting it from Rh1no? Im after one myself but alot are pretty expensive however guys do i trust an ebay seller who sells lots of these or go with DVLA?

I got mine from capeplates.co.uk very good and very quick.

Where are you getting it from Rh1no? Im after one myself but alot are pretty expensive however guys do i trust an ebay seller who sells lots of these or go with DVLA?

Getting mine from National Numbers mate.

• Like 1

ive been looking at getting my very own personal plate myself as well. i keep checking for one that will suit me and what i need. my dad has brought one himself (probs why i want one) and his was straight forward.

even tho his insurance company charged him for changing his plates and updating there docs :unsure:

• Like 1

Also got mine from DVLA and so has other members of my family. And very easy to change over etc. :)

Very easy to do, just remember when you change cars (which I expect you won't do soon) there is extra charges I just paid £80 to have it transferred

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Am I right in thinking I have two years to change it over? Was planning to get it sorted at the end of the month but got a lads holiday to pay for...

Am I right in thinking I have two years to change it over? Was planning to get it sorted at the end of the month but got a lads holiday to pay for...

The time you get to hold the licence depends on how much you pay , for example 105 pounds will hold the plate for one year , if you want to hold it longer you have to pay more.
  • Like 1

wish we had the option of private plates in southern ireland :(

• Like 1

wish we had the option of private plates in southern ireland :(

I don't know the answer , but what other countries do not allow Private plates?

• Like 1

I don't know the answer , but what other countries do not allow Private plates?

I believe Germany doesn't allow them, although you can select the letters on it to be your initials.

I've also heard that countries like Australia and the US aren't as tight on the combination of letters and numbers as in the UK, so in theory it can say anything! That might depend on which state you're in though.

I keep looking for my perfect one, but my initials are JAG and therefore the limited few that are still available are a fortune <_<

Got mine from DVLA and its already gone from one car to another.

We can't have private plates either :( Though you can have a cherished number from the Isle of Mans list. They aren't very good though as they have to contain MAN and similar. Seen a few good ones that look like Fast Man, Maniac etc

Up until this year it was about £67 for a cherished number. But once the government cottoned out to the fact they could make some money they now have them on a scale of charges, and the good ones cost thousands. Wish I had kept mine now :(

no

How about NOTAMAN?

Not quite as glamorous as my example Stoney! You need to incorporate some numbers into it too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The time you get to hold the licence depends on how much you pay , for example 105 pounds will hold the plate for one year , if you want to hold it longer you have to pay more.

I pay monthly for the plate, not sure :/

• Like 1

Just got my Plate on my new car , took three weeks , for the documents to come through removing it from my old car, luckily i have a DVLA office close by and 5 minutes in there and the plates were ready to go back on.

Downside is Hastings charged me 20 pound for "Admin" fee's" , never had this before , when i have changed over, and for that Hastings insurance will not be on my next renewel !

• Like 1

Just got my Plate on my new car , took three weeks , for the documents to come through removing it from my old car, luckily i have a DVLA office close by and 5 minutes in there and the plates were ready to go back on.

I have the plates and the documents, is it jus a case of going down with your insurance and MOT cert and £80?

I have the plates and the documents, is it jus a case of going down with your insurance and MOT cert and £80?

And your V5 mate, they will send that off for you, normally comes backs after a week or two with your new reg on