Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony Cd Generation 1 Station Identities

StanH

I may be wrong but I feel sure that radio stations were identified by name, but recently all I get is P1 P2 etc.

There is nothing in the audio handbook about this so am I wrong or can anyone tell me how to get them back

Stan

Try a re-scan of radio stations, you will only get the station identified with a name if the signal is strong enough.

ive seen this before on other radios...something to do with PTY being active.

Totally frustrated with this - on my trips to Norfolk I used to see Radio Essex, Radio Suffolk, Radio Norfolk etc, now all I get is P1 P2 etc.

Have tried every button and menu I could find but nothing restores the identification.

Plenty of signal strength.

Cannot find any way to access RDS settings and a scan of PTY stations results in "None"

i would say make sure you have the radio code before attempting...but basically pull the radio out and pull the harness off. leave for 5 - 10 mins and plug it back in. this will reset to factory.

i would say make sure you have the radio code before attempting...but basically pull the radio out and pull the harness off. leave for 5 - 10 mins and plug it back in. this will reset to factory.

Yep, I'd go for that, but disconnecting the battery will have the same effect and may be easier if you haven't got a radio removal tool.

I have the code so will probably try that. Am I right in thinking that it is only the audio unit that will be affected if I disconnect?

if you go just to disconnecting the radio then yeah its just that, that is affected.

if you choose battery removal, i would leave a window down and door open so you can get back in just incase something happens with the key codes.

That did it - at last got around to disconnecting the battery, left for 10 mins (not sure why but that was recommended), reconnected, entered code and station identities are back

Thanks

Stan

That did it - at last got around to disconnecting the battery, left for 10 mins (not sure why but that was recommended), reconnected, entered code and station identities are back

Thanks

Stan

It works with a lot of consumer electronics, when the computer when it plays up it's always recommended to turn off, leave for a while and then reboot .

glad to hear it worked.

northsussex - even a techie boot into the computer works (size 9-10 are the perfect size) lol

glad to hear it worked.

northsussex - even a techie boot into the computer works (size 9-10 are the perfect size) lol

Semtex is a good alternative. :)

Semtex is a good alternative. :)

Nah, 5 twists of linear cutting cord will solve it nicely. ;)

Nah, 5 twists of linear cutting cord will solve it nicely. ;)

A bit clinical, I prefer complete vaporisation, it should be an option for the judiciary, no more re-offending. :rolleyes:

A loop of det cord around the accused's neck.

One red button and one green one for each juror.

Majority vote equals running man style hair cut. ;)

A loop of det cord around the accused's neck.

One red button and one green one for each juror.

Majority vote equals running man style hair cut. ;)

:P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club