Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford 2009/10 Mp3 Or Ipod Audio Soultion

talksy

Hi, I have recently bought a 2010 Focus and I am very confused as to of all the places, why the mp3 headphone input jack is located in the glove box?! I had the same thing with my Fiesta.

When there is a nice center console and arm rest. I would have thought it would have been better in that area than having wires hanging across the passenger foot well.

My focus has a 3 year platinum warranty, so I don't want to start hacking the car about as it may invalidate my warranty, but I am keen to know if there are any alternatives to this. I have seen the thread regarding the USB Mp3 cable available from ford. I have also come across the following interface on eBay which may help solve my problem although I am assuming the USB part of it will be redundant...

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1438.l2649

I have the following CD player with bluetooth:

sony2.jpg

A cheap and simple solution is to extend the glove box socket to a more convenient place using a headphone extension lead. (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3m-3-5mm-Jack-Headphone-EXTENTION-Cable-Lead-3-5-HQ-/380285052177?forcev4exp=true) just choose the lead length and hide it under trim.

As above, I have got a 1.5 metre extension and gone round the back of the glovebox, down by the radio and made a hole in a blank by the heated screen switch, not a professional look but does what I need it to

Hi guys,

Im new to the forum and have just bought an 08 MK2 focus (facelift version) and need a little help.

I have found the Aux input in the glove box but just want to see if this lead http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-Car-AUX-Audio-USB-Dock-Cable-4-iPod-iPhone-3G-4-4S-3-5mm-UK-Stock-/251147867095?pt=UK_MP3_Player_Accessories_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3a799453d7 would be suitable for an ipod/iphone instead of the usual 3mm-3mm jack lead.

Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance.

No that lead won't work as it requires a USB and 3.5 jack to control the audio.

Just for anyone interested ford do a USB and 3.5mm jack and phone/MP3 device holder that screws into the armrest console. I will try and find the thread i read about this in

Hi guys,

Im new to the forum and have just bought an 08 MK2 focus (facelift version) and need a little help.

I have found the Aux input in the glove box but just want to see if this lead http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a799453d7 would be suitable for an ipod/iphone instead of the usual 3mm-3mm jack lead.

Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Looks good, and less than £2 it,s worth a punt. Audio output + possible charging but no control.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was just seeing if it was because i was going to make a mount down near the cigarette lighter and feed the wire through to make a dock, il keep my eye out for the armrest console dock you mentioned!

Cheers!

Hi guys,

I have found the Aux input in the glove box but just want to see if this lead http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a799453d7 would be suitable for an ipod/iphone instead of the usual 3mm-3mm jack lead.

Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Looking at that cable, it does have a USB and a 3.5 so yes it would work.

As far as I understand, unless you can actually plug the USB into the stereo then the cable won't work. For the iPod to send Audio through this type of cable it needs to be able to revcive data from the USB. The only way to play audio through the standard stereo is via a 3.5 to 3.5 cable. That's why it's soo anoying not having the USB module as standard.

You may be able to charge an iPod via this cable using a 12V socket USB adapter but no audio or control function.

I had the same issue, decided to run a 1.8m, 3.5 to 3.5 cable, from the AUX input in the glovebox. It currently runs out of the bottom of the glovebox, under the trim underneath the AC controls, and through the empty slot next the the rear windshield heating switch.

Works for me, while it may not 100% professional it gets the job done.

Will try to add some pictures later on

I had the same issue, decided to run a 1.8m, 3.5 to 3.5 cable, from the AUX input in the glovebox. It currently runs out of the bottom of the glovebox, under the trim underneath the AC controls, and through the empty slot next the the rear windshield heating switch.

Works for me, while it may not 100% professional it gets the job done.

Will try to add some pictures later on

Yep, that's how I ran my cable, + my old Mini-Disc recorder plays through the same cable, cheap, simple and it works.

So one more question based on the 3.5mm-3.5mm aux cable.

if i hook it up with one of these how do you control the tracks on the ipod? do you have much control over going through specific albums and tracks etc?

cheers

So one more question based on the 3.5mm-3.5mm aux cable.

if i hook it up with one of these how do you control the tracks on the ipod? do you have much control over going through specific albums and tracks etc?

cheers

None, it just feeds the audio to the Aux setting on the radio, all you can do on the ipod is to set the input volume.