Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GLOW PLUGS

glenmar13

I have just got a Focus TDCI 1.8 2002. From cold ( in the morning ) I am having trouble starting . Takes about 5 times before it starts. I have noticed that as soon as I turn the ignition on the Glow blug lights and immediatly goes out, is this correct

Maby Thanks

Glen :(

I have just got a Focus TDCI 1.8 2002. From cold ( in the morning ) I am having trouble starting . Takes about 5 times before it starts. I have noticed that as soon as I turn the ignition on the Glow blug lights and immediatly goes out, is this correct

Maby Thanks

Glen :(

it should stay lit for a couple of seconds until the plugs have had enough time to heat up

I've just had a set of heater plugs in my 02 1.8 TDCi 115 and the glow plug light goes out pretty quickly on that as well. I usually wait until the other lights go out and it'll fire on the first turn

The glow plug light on mine also goes off quite quickly, even on very cold mornings. This seems to be normal on common-rail engines. Try to resist the temptation to stop cranking as soon as the engine fires. Mine splutters a bit but as long as I keep it cranking it will start after 5 seconds or so. The handbook says that at really low temperatures it might be necessary to crank for up to 30 seconds.

I have to say , mine does this when it's cold. I crank it over and the engine fires then stalls. I now crank wait for a few seconds and then release the key. It's fine then.

Thanks everyone, another happy customer.

I now wait for all the lights go out and crank for about 6 or seven seconds and the car now responds without any trouble. Keeping my fingers crossed

Thanks

Glen

• 1 month later...

My Glow plug light tends to be flashing constantly.....what would you reccomend? First car, quite naive