Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Econetic Ii - When Was It Introduced?

luckyknight

I am after my first newish car in a while and I want the Fiesta ECOnetic model. But - how do you know if it is a ECOnetic II model? (the one with theoretical mpg of 85.6?) A salesman said it was all 2012 models (this one I was looking at was registered 31/03/2012).

Is there a way I can find out? Don't want to drive half the country to find out it isn't one.

The Econetic used to be a standalone model when the Fiesta was introduced, but based on (I believe) the Style model.

They have since dropped the Econetic as a standalone model line (2010 I think?) and incorporated it into the Edge, Zetec and Titanium models. The Econetic models in each line are a bit more expensive to buy than their standard non-eco equivalents but come with all the eco features the standalone model used to have (specially tuned TDCI engine, start/stop, different suspension set up and wheels etc).

Essentially you used to have to put up with a pretty basic car in the old Econetic, but now you can enjoy the benefits of an Econetic combined with the luxuries of a Titanium.

Sorry maybe If what I am asking is more clearer.

Econetic = 78.5 MPG

Econetic II = 85.6 MPG

My question is does anyone know when II was introduced?

Have you tried putting the reg of the car into Ford Etis and see what info that gives you?

Sorry maybe If what I am asking is more clearer.

Econetic = 78.5 MPG

Econetic II = 85.6 MPG

My question is does anyone know when II was introduced?

My assumption was that when they revised the Econetic range, they also made revisions to improve the MPG, hence 2010 onwards possibly.

Also, if you're expecting 85.6 or even 78.5 MPG you will be disappointed - these quoted figures are produced at a constant speed in ambient temperature in a test facility somewhere. With the stop/start driving, variable speeds, variable temperatures etc of normal driving it's very difficult, if not impossible to reach. Maybe expect it to be in the 60's :)

Have you tried putting the reg of the car into Ford Etis and see what info that gives you?

Where do I put the reg number on the site? All I see is a VIN number? Thanks

Where do I put the reg number on the site? All I see is a VIN number? Thanks

You have to be logged in to use a reg - anyone can make an account though ;)

You have to be logged in to use a reg - anyone can make an account though ;)

Thanks!! Output below. Doesn't really tell me exactly what I need - is there somewhere else I should be looking? It was manufactured in 2011 so probably not the newer one?

Build Date: 27.08.2011 Vehicle Line: Fiesta 2008- Body Style: 3 Door Saloon Version: Series 50 Engine: 1.6L Duratorq DI SOHC (95PS) Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Transaxle - B5/IB5 Drive: RHD FWD Axle Ratio: 3.05 Emission: Stage V Emissions Air Conditioning: Automatic Air Conditioning Territory: (+)"GB" Paint: Moondust Silver (Metallic) Interior Colour:

Syracus

Have you tried clicking

"There are more minor features for this vehicle, click to expand this list."

That might have some more clues.....

Have you tried clicking

"There are more minor features for this vehicle, click to expand this list."

That might have some more clues.....

Thanks - says Style ECO 99 SIP. Shame there are no tech details on the engine, I do think based on iNath said it wont be the newer ECOnetic II model.

There are a few on autotrader that claim to be ECOnetic II and some of those are manufactured in 2011.

I was wondering, has anyone used any of the online car sellers for a new one? Was wondering if I could get a discount buying online.

There are a few pre-owned vehicles available, but I want a Silver 3 door and there aren't any.

Also looking at Titanium vs Zetec - I can't see any exterior differences for the econetic II - they both have the love/hate it chrome?

Also looking at Titanium vs Zetec - I can't see any exterior differences for the econetic II - they both have the love/hate it chrome?

Exactly - you get chrome on Zetec/Titanium & black on all other models (basic + Zetec-S)

The problem with dealers and car specs is that just because the car has a brand new plate on it doesn't guarantee its brand new.

If they have stocks of older spec cars in storage they will push them first.

Always best to check build date rather than licencing date.

Thanks. A question regarding privacy glass option - is that only at the back? Are the front windows regular?

Privacy glass is rear windows and rear windscreen.

You can't by law tint the front windows or front windscreen.

You can't by law tint the front windows or front windscreen.

*You can up to a certain percentage but most cars from the factory come with them already at, or very close to, that limit so any additional tint you add will take you over the limit and become illegal ;)

+1

Most cars come pre-tinted at the front to 30%

That is the legal limit for Windscreens and front side windows.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club