Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My First post headlight bulb

monty187

Hi,

This is my fist post on this forum, hopefully someone out there can help. I have a FF 2.0 TDCI Titanium and I need to change the dip beam headlight bulb. I really wud like to do this myself and thought it would be easy but it doesnt seem that way.

Could any talk me though it? I think the diesel is different from the petrol, so if anyone has advice on changing it i would be very very happy,

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Simple answer is there is no easy way. You dont say which side the bulbs gone on but if its the battery side, we found the battery has to come off and tray. An easier way would be to take the headlight unit off the car. I say would be easier cos then on the diesel you either have to take the belly pan from under the engine or a wheel arch liner out to get to the bottom securing bolt for the headlight. (All assuming this is a 2005 Mk1.5 and not a Mk2)

Thanks for the reply, Im not sure which MK my car is but the battery is up near the windscreen so i cannot see how removing it would help. Can I assume my car is a MK2 then?

Also it is on the passengers side,

The manual with the car appears to skip points or something when talking about removing the bulb

Cheers

Michael

2319036362_d7668061c1.jpg

Mk1.5 {2005}

Focus_2005_1.jpg

Mk2 {2005}

Dont know where the battery is on the Mk2 but it certainly isnt anywhere near the windscreen on the Mk1.5 so I assume so and therefore I have no idea mate, sorry. Cant see it being any more difficult that popping the back off and changing the bulb if there nothing behind the headlight. A lot of Fords do have to have the headlight off the car to change them though. Silly I know but thats the way it is.

Cheers for the tip, it is a MK2, The problem is that close behind the light is a solid piece of the chassis. It is a few inches off the back of the light. Ill take a pic and post it soon, see if any1 can help.

I'm not familiar with the Mk2 but have just checked another forum. That screw holding the headlight to the crossmember {circled on photo below} needs to come out then the headlight just slides out. There is a clip at the bottom but you cant get to it so give it a bit of a wiggle and it will release. Simple as that. They also advise removing the headlight to change a bulb

post-3128-1235234710_thumb.jpg

I'm not familiar with the Mk2 but have just checked another forum. That screw holding the headlight to the crossmember {circled on photo below} needs to come out then the headlight just slides out. There is a clip at the bottom but you cant get to it so give it a bit of a wiggle and it will release. Simple as that. They also advise removing the headlight to change a bulb

Thank you so much for that, i did try this before but it seemed pretty well stuck in there. Could you post the link to the other forum for me?

Thanks

Michael

Just like SierraYankee99 says the headlight has to be removed. Take the screw out of the top (think its a torx30) then get a longish screw driver and lift up the clip at the bottom of the light on the inside and give it a bit of a wiggle to unhook the one on the outside and it should slide straight out.

Thank you for the help :lol:

Here is the original from the other site for anyone else struggling with this problem, this helped me and now i have 2 lights :rolleyes:

its easy, after u take screw off, get a long screw drivers and for the drivers side the clips are located below the screw(at the buttom) and other u can see when u look directly down, its easy reach.

for passenger side, same location but u have to use long screw driver without seeing as u will just about fit in the gap.

Could you post the link to the other forum for me?

You asked for the link to the site, not the information. I just gave you what you asked for, I'm not a mind reader.

• 1 month later...
You asked for the link to the site, not the information. I just gave you what you asked for, I'm not a mind reader.

lol didnt mean it like that SierraYankee99, just for the next person 2 come along!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club