Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Picking Up S1600 On Saturday :)

Euan1989

Hi Everyone,

Just signed up and thought I would let you know/ post some pics of my S1600 I am picking up this weekend!

It is a 60 plate, S1600 with 12,500 miles just, the car is like new and can hardly tell it has been used.

Quite different from the other S1600's i have seen on here as no stripes and has black alloys :-/

Love the colour though and can't wait to pick it up.

Edit2.jpg

Quick picture taken at the garage but will get more/ better pics on after pick up

Euan

Welcome to the club :) you'll love the car!

Did you get the 120/134 bhp edition?

Hi and thanks will be keeping an eye out for tips and ideas. Love the car and can't wait to pick it up.

It's just the 120 unfortunately but that will do for now, coming from a 116 BMW with same power so will be a bit quicker due to size.

Yeah I was confused to start with as it's only one I have seen with black alloys but keeps it different I suppose.

Your one looks very nice love the performance blue :)

Yeah they're lovely cars, nice and smooth to drive, seats are mega comfy and a good looking car

You got the best colour in the s1600 aha, looks amazing clean

Hope you enjoy

Definately the best colour hah. I do like the black alloys mind! Check out this thread for my s1600 with fitted frot splitter and side skirt splitters.

Yes it really stood out when I was orginally looking for a Zetec S and thought I had to have it.

The car is immaculate, it has only been registered to the garage and the owners daughter run it around hence low mileage.

Will definitely be out washing it every week to keep it shiney! Hopefully the black alloys wont get as dirty as the white ones those must be nightmare?

Very nice Moses-cuz, the front splitter sets it off nicely!

hi buddy and welcome. got to agree with it being the best colour hahaha. must admit it looks more like a focus rs with the wheels being black. and yeah wash every week and get few coats polish and wax on it and it looks gleeming :). your not wrong bout the wheels being nightmare to keep clean, have to give them a wee wipe every cpl days :(. enjoy the car mate they are really sweet

HI thanks for the welcome!

I thought the same thing, that picture seems to make it look much bigger as well for some reason.

Just in the process of thinking of cleaning stuff, any you would recommend? Not really looked after my previous cars properly with polish/wax etc but want this kept looking good.

Thanks, Saturday can't come quick enough

the stuff i use it Meguiars deep crystal range its 3 bottles 1 a paint cleaner 1 a polish and the other is a wax. get some big microfibre cloths of drying after wash and some good ones for wiping polish and wax off. asda do big green microsfibre ones for £3 and they are actually quite good and cpl wash mits one for top half car and other for bottom and dirty bits lol. you got much planned for the car or you keeping it standard for a bit? theres a few cheapish mods that make it stand out bit more :)

Yeah I seen a few mentions of Meguiars products, they seem to be general favourite just now.

A trip to ADSA and Halfords will be on the cards tomorrow before i pick car up on Saturday.

Thinking about leaving it standard for while, will probably replace headlight bulbs / rear number plate bulbs for now.

What are the cheapish mods?

cheap but effective are dmb gel overlays, got white with blue ford writing on front, back steering wheel and alloy caps makes a big difference to boring normal ones ^_^. led sidelights and number plate lights, quick and easy change. oh and have a look in footwells and see if you have wee bulb holders and if theres any wires going to them and put coloured LED Bulbs in them, i have blue ones and when the doors are open then whole footwell lights up blue looks minted :D. detango front and rear indicators. after that then its the dearer and more effective mods like lowering it and induction kit and the list could go on and on lols :lol:

Well finally picked up the car yesterday and it's amazing! Very impressed and looking forward to owning it for a long long time! Will get some pics up soon

• 4 weeks later...

i have been toying with the idea to de-strip my white version and paint the alloys black as i think it would look better... any advice appreciated

i have been toying with the idea to de-strip my white version and paint the alloys black as i think it would look better... any advice appreciated

Maybe should have bought a Metal instead :P That's the only differences between a S1600 and a metal

true marcr1 lol.. but my one cheaper lol :D

Hi dizzy, yeah apologies for delay in pictures but since getting the car i haven't had a chance to get it as clean as I would like for taking some pictures, hopefully will get a chance this week.

I think you should go for it, I couldnt handle the white wheels would bug my happiness if they got dirty too easy!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club