JonM

So, which do you prefer?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. So, which do you prefer?

• Original Mk7!
    • Mk7 Facelift..
    • Mk7? I'll take a previous fiesta.
    • Fiesta? No thanks, I'll pass.

Facelift for sure. The new front makes the old one look cheap and plastic-y. The new shape lights and sculptured bonnet looks much more aggressive and modern.

I'm all for more aggressive styling and think the next ground up fiesta will look great but this just looks like they have shoe horned the new mondeo front onto the fiesta and left it looking like a badly proportioned cut and shut.

I love the design concept of the face lift but I hate the execution. The new mondeo looks really nice but you can tell the rest of the car was not designed to take this front.

This new facelift means that almost no exterior components will be swappable between mk7 and mk7.5 not even the grille or Ford badge.

This new facelift means that almost no exterior components will be swappable between mk7 and mk7.5 not even the grille or Ford badge.

You'll just have to part ex the whole car ;-)

Facelift for me. I will be ordering one next year for sure!

I'll still be getting an ST I think depending on spec (anyone know if the rear suspension is independent on it rather than a huge bar?). Seen a lot of hate on it for only having a low bhp rating, but let's face it those ecoboost engines are magic and the car is pretty lightweight and has easily one of the best chasis' out there. Just a shame about the front end, maybe someone somewhere will come up with something to make it look a little nicer. Besides, Pumaspeed/Mountune I' sure will have some tasty add-ons. Pumaspeed themselves have said hold off on doing MK7 mods til' the ST comes out :P

I like the MK7 facelift, however it reminds me of a basking shark, and for that reason, id stick with standard Mk7! :)

only thing i dnt like on it is that grill, hope the Zetec S has a better grill

Looking at that facelift grill, I can only think of a fish. Is it called a Guppy ?

Like the colour though.

I prefer the original Mk7, the grille looks more like a Pug 207. The biggest plus will be the ecoboost engine in a Fiesta :D, will probably wait and see what the Zetec S looks like.

Love the facelift AND the ecoboost engine. I'm looking to chop my diesel in against a petrol next year.

Interesting to see there's a new design on 17" alloys and they've dropped the current spanner design. Too many buckled perhaps...?

Interesting to see there's a new design on 17" alloys and they've dropped the current spanner design. Too many buckled perhaps...?

Yeah... 16's have changed too. I'd consider a ZS swap (depending on the front end, back looks nice) if I wasn't so plagued with quality issues and the fact my trade-in value won't be amazing against a newer facelift at launch.

Three years with my current Fiesta is up in January and was looking to replace it with a 1.4 Zetec in Ink Blue, both of which seem to have been deleted from the face lifted model line up :blink:

Are the price's for the face lifted model released during or after the Paris show

I like them all! I think the new ST coming out next year looks fantastic and mean, the facelift makes the standard Fiestas look classy and the original mk7 is a pretty nice looking car.

I'm still hoping to get an ST. Overall I think the mk7 Fiesta is still the best value small hatch. The new Pug 208 is horrendously overpriced IMO.

Darker grille is nicer, however i'm still not sold on that front end...

The colour widescreen Sony Navigation system in the brochure looks interesting. From those pics it looks like the honey comb grill will be for the Zetec S and ST models. It does a lot to improve the front end but I'm also still not sold on it. I want to see the ST in some other colours than the red/ orange.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to show you whats out there, heres the facelifted fiesta sedan/saloon, recently unvealed in Brazil.....

230948_545156018835084_579283896_n.jpg

541182_545156045501748_1798247551_n.jpg

553980_545156058835080_1015200919_n.jpg

311098_545156085501744_909771317_n.jpg

It looks more out of proportion than the previous North American fiesta sedan

• 2 months later...

Hey. So today I called by a Ford dealership to check out the NEW Fiesta.

IMG_2009.jpg

Although I did peek into all the examples of the different trim level it was the Titanium I sat in, and I have to say I like all the little improvements...

The altered door handle/electric window buttons/electric wing mirror controls should please those who didn’t like the old position of the window and mirror controls:

IMG_2007.jpg

The steering wheel has a much nicer feel to it now, it’s more padded and the leather and stitching now feel softer – still not as nice as the focus’ steering wheel but still nicer than my fiesta’s. Also the silver plastics on this steering wheel seemed a lot shinier (in a good way) and looked a little less plastic-y.

IMG_2006.jpg

Light control panel – not really improved, just silver highlights rather than being all black

IMG_2005.jpg

The dials are much nicer now – very ‘new generation Ford’ with the more modern font and the cool blue colour, like on the focus.

IMG_2004.jpg

The updated centre stack surround looks good in glossy black, (although I know not everyone’s a fan as they worry about it being a dust and scratch magnet). I like it anyway, looks more up market than my fiesta’s grainy plastic surround. Also note the new screen like in other new-generation Fords.

IMG_2003.jpg

Ambient lighting in the cup holders now, which makes bottles of water look pretty cool at night – as we’ve seen on the American fiestas – not sure if we can go through an array of colours like the Americans can though(???), I didn’t spot a button.

IMG_2001.jpg

Built in arm rest on Titaniums now too. Also improved look and feel to the hand brake.

IMG_2002.jpg

And final pic shows the new tail light design. I don’t really have an opinion on this whether it’s an improvement or not – I suppose they had to do something to change the look of the rear with it being a ‘NEW Fiesta’, and a new design to the tail lights is the easiest way.

IMG_2008.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn’t try out the Microsoft Sync on the showroom models but I’m sure there’ll be something on YouTube.

So yeah, on the way home my fiesta did feel and look a little “old hat”, as I really liked the little improvements they’ve made to the new one – however before leaving the dealership I sat in a Focus (again), and even just opening the door you can feel it’s a much better car. More well built and solid compared to the little Fiesta (and so it should be being a segment/class higher), so I think the Focus may be my next car.

Paul :)

Edit:

interesting to see little extras like puddle lights are now fitted too:

FIESTA STUDIO:

•14" 6-spoke steel wheels

•AUX Input

•Body colour rear spoiler

•Central locking

•Daytime running lights

•Electrically-operated and heated body colour door mirrors with side indicators

•Electrically-operated front windows with one-touch opening and closing

•Engine immobiliser

•Tinted glass

•Tyre repair kit

FIESTA STYLE:

•15" steel wheel covers with 12 spoke wheel covers

•Manual seat height adjust

•Air conditioning - manual

•Body colour rear spoiler, front and rear bumpers and tailgate handle

•Body colour door mirrors

•Ford MyKey

•Headlight courtesy delay

FIESTA ZETEC:

•15" 5x2 spoke alloy wheels

•3 spoke leather trimmed steering wheel

•Ambient lighting

•Chrome belt line finisher

•Chrome tailgate handle

•Flow through centre console

•Trip computer

•Heated windscreen

•Illuminated footwell

•Illuminated glove box

•Halogen projector headlights with daytime running lights with silver surround

FIESTA TITANIUM:

•16" 15-spoke alloy wheels

•Power foldable mirrors with puddle lights

•LED day running lights

•SONY DAB audio with SYNC

•EATC air conditioning

•Lumbar adjustment

•Rear privacy glass

•Rain sensing wipers

•Automatic headlights

•Auto-dimming rear view mirror

•Centre console with arm rest

•Perimeter alarm

•Velour floor mats

•Cruise control

FIESTA ZETEC S:

•16" 12-spoke alloy wheels

•Black upper and lower sports grille

•Body colour front and rear bumper skirts

•Body colour rocker panel mouldings

•Centre console with armrest

•Large rear spoiler

•Sport pedals

•Sports suspension

•Sports-style front seats

•Perimeter alarm

•Radio/CD and Ford SYNC

FIESTA TITANIUM X:

•16" 12-spoke alloy wheels

•Heated sports-style front seats

•Partial leather seats in Charcoal Black with silver fabric

•Keyless entry (Ford keyfree system)

•Electric windows front and rear (5 door)

•Leather trimmed steering wheel with Charcoal Black contrast stitching and Midnight Symphony accent ring insert on rim

•Rear centre head restraint

•Stainless steel scuff plates

•Front and rear premium velour floor mats with double stitching

•Body colour front bumper with black painted chrome-rimmed lower grille

Source: http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Fiesta/Models

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club