JonM

So, which do you prefer?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. So, which do you prefer?

• Original Mk7!
    • Mk7 Facelift..
    • Mk7? I'll take a previous fiesta.
    • Fiesta? No thanks, I'll pass.

just ordered the new titanium x with full leather cannot Waite till march comes :D

just ordered the new titanium x with full leather cannot Waite till march comes :D

Lucky you. Get it marked on the calendar! lol

Having seen loads yesterday in Style, Zetec and Titanium spec, it looks so much better in the metal than in the press pictures... I urge anyone who was put off by the pics to go and actually see one. It does seem they've done quite a good job of making the little Fiesta feel like a more premium product in the facelift too.

Would I be tempted back to a Fiesta from the Focus? Nah. As Paul said, it's slightly higher quality, but the fiesta is still the best small car in my opinion :)

All I like are the dimming dash lighting (which I'm hoping s a direct swap to the non-facelift), speedo which again I'd swap and the door cards are a maybe. May look into the speedo and lighting, apart from that I massively prefer the mk7 over 7.5, damn that front is ugly. Driven one today, just can't get over how ugly it is now.

Good job with the pics!

Looks like you have stop start on this model too :)

I much prefer the original Mk7 I must admit although the facelift with the darker grill looks a lot nicer than the lighter grill.

I really don't like the new front end but probably biased as I just picked up my new metal 5 weeks ago

Couple of questions - is the gearstick shorter, and has anyone got photos of the rear diffuser on the new zetec-s?

There's a picture in the brochure though it's not that clear...they haven't started production on the new ZS yet, apparently it's planned for mid Jan start

Ah right, that would explain why I can't find any photos anywhere! I've seen the one in the brochure but as you say it isn't that clear, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Couple of questions - is the gearstick shorter, and has anyone got photos of the rear diffuser on the new zetec-s?

Ford-Fiesta-Sport-Messe-Autosalon-Paris-2012-19-fotoshowImageNew-e9879f0c-631874.jpg

Ford-Fiesta-Sport-Messe-Autosalon-Paris-2012-19-fotoshowImageNew-80b96672-631868.jpg

I think the ZS is the best looking in the range now. The matching honeycomb lower grill & fog surrounds help to tie in the main grille. The additional lip & chin spoiler fit the car better than the ST's 1 piece front bumper too. I like this grille set-up more than the chromed ones, and more than the ST's mix of honeycomb and horizontal bars. The new alloys are also a bit plain, why they didn't continue the ever popular street-packs in 15" & 17" is beyond me..

- I vote the facelift, for interior quality and ecoboost engines.

I still prefer the pre-facelift for pretty much everything else, especially the grille. (could only own a new one in black I think!)

The rear bumper's are for sale currently at my dealers for the same price as the old. I'm buying one next week. Direct swap.

The rear bumper's are for sale currently at my dealers for the same price as the old. I'm buying one next week. Direct swap.

Looks like the side pieces are different too, new ones are diagonal the whole way down while the old ones are half diagonal half vertical. For some reason it looks out of place on the picture above, may just be because of the colour of the car and lack of privacy glass. So is it just the diffuser part and corners that are different, the rest of the bumper is the same? Make sure to post pictures when you've got it!

Well it comes with the side pieces so I'll have a play. I have a split bumper at work to test fit with, if it fits I'll buy a non split one off my boss and fit :P

Will have to paint my front plastics then to match up :P

I also believe ALL mounting points are identical on the 2 vehicles for bumper, headlights, bonnet, wings, etc.

I'd imagine you could do the outside facelift for around £1,000? Not bad on an older Fez perhaps.

Interior wise I'm unsure on if parts are swap-able as I'm not electrician :P hate electronics >.<

You're replacing the whole rear bumper then? Can't you just switch the new piece with the old diffuser?

You most likely can, but I can sell my old bumper for more than I can buy the one off my boss, the plastic is cracked after he poked it with a fork lift truck :P

• 2 months later...

I have to say I really don't like the 7.5 grill on models apart from the Zetec S. I don't like the chrome I think it looks old fashioned. The Zetec S though has an amazing front end, looks agressive and very sporty.

My brother in law has the titanium 3 door 1.0 litre engine,I dont like the new front end -prefer mine.

I keep tropical fish and yes the front looks like a feeding basking shark to me never mind a guppy.

I think the design has been spoiled, what manufacturers will do to create more sales beggars belief at times.

Won't be swopping mine for one any time soon.

Cheers

Martin.

• Like 1

I do prefer the front end of the pre-facelift with the asian grill (which I have just removed 5 minutes ago :( ) but it's not so bad in person.

Original, as for the new St, they should have just kept the original shape and put the 1.6 turbo lump into that! if there is a conversion i think i'll go for it in the future :)

asian grill (which I have just removed 5 minutes ago :( ).

Has it been damaged or something? :-s

Has it been damaged or something? :-s

Nah, it's sad times, car needs putting back to standard before it's swapped for a newer ZS :P just so much of a difference it made, and so much of a difference between HID's and CREE bulbs to standard ones >.<

• 4 months later...

The facelift does look very good, one of the best, even though the grille makes it look a bit goping.