Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removed The Blanking Plate From The Egr "whoops"

piper

Removed the blanking plate from the EGR this afternoon that the sneaky mechanic put on whilst replacing my actuator and it bellows out black smoke now on acceleration.

Really !Removed! off with it all.

If anything the car seems worse.

Would any one know if i would be entitled to my money back.

I took it off because the engine management light came on and when it was put on a diagnostic reader it came up with EGR flow low.

Didn't know what else to do.

How can i get the engine management light to stay off if i blanked off?

I took it off because the engine management light came on and when it was put on a diagnostic reader it came up with EGR flow low.

Didn't know what else to do.

How can i get the engine management light to stay off if i blanked off?

Is it an electronic egr valve?

Thanks for the reply

it as an electric sensor on the top if that's what you mean.

It needs a replacement EGR.

Blanking plates are only useful if the car is set up to disregard the sensor input.

Without the plate you are blowing exhaust gasses directly into the engine compartment.

This will affect your power and will probably ping up maf and lambda sensor faults too.

Put the plate back until you can get an EGR sorted out.

As above it sounds like you need a new egr or atleast the old one cleaned. usually you get a code thrown up to do with air flow if it's clogged.

Only the vacuum type can be blanked without the engine management light coming on

With the blanking plate it won't allow gases into the engine bay, it's just to stop them being drawn into the valve - clogging it up. Diesels don't have lambda sensors so it won't affect that (they would just clog up)

I believe there are two types of blanking plates.

One is solid and the other has a 1cm approx hole in it to apparently stop the sensor error.

you could fit a plate with a hole in it and the light would not come back on but what is the point of a blanking plate with a hole in it, kinda defetes the object, i would get back to the garage and say you want the car fixed correctley or you will reject it and mention trading standards to them,its not good enough to bodge a repair, it sounds like they do not know much about the mondy diesel engine or they would not have blanked the valve on a euro 4 knowing that in a few milkes the eml light would be back on and you would be back to them. anyway how come they are playing around with the egr if the origanal problem was a faulty turbo actuator?

Hi folks. I'm a new Mondeo owner having pat ex'd an MG ZT Diesel I had for 6 years. I read with interest the EGR info. My only experience of EGR was to fit an EGR ByPass which improved performance quite a bit. I also cleaned out the air intake manifold which was sludged up. The guys in the know on the MG forum said that the sludging would not happen after a ByPass was fitted. I don't know anything as yet about my newly bought mk4 Mondeo which I love to bits. I will however look at my engine and have a rummage. Has anyone encountered MAF issues?

Has anyone fitted a Tuning-Diesels box to their Mondeo's? I have a mk1 and mk2 versions of the box which I fitted to my MG and they were worth their weight in gold. I'm sending mk1 back to them and they're going to re-wire it so it fits my Mondeo.