Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking For A Sill

StanH

Pulled over to pick up a passenger and went over a rock hidden in the grass - nearside sill badly damaged.

I can only find the complete panel which includes sill and door for a 2006 focus. Can find a sill for Mk1 but not Mk2.

Can anyone please help me locate just a sill

Thanks

Stan, even although it's damaged, have you consulted any of the 'paintless' dent removal people? they can work absolute wonders! I got a couple of 'bullet' marks and a bad ding removed from my car. He didn't want to touch the wing as the paint would crack, but when I told him I was going to get that bit sprayed, he returned it perfectly to it's original profile.

Local repairer has looked at this but damage is too extensive even for reshaping etc. Only solution is new panel which is far too expensive or replacement sill, which we can't find

• 2 weeks later...

Still no luck in finding a replacement sill so, in my ignorance, I am wondering if the skirts I see advertised fit over the existing sill, and would this maybe be a way out.

Pictures of the damage are here - http://tinyurl.com/9mgdv82

You may be able to camouflage the dent with a skirt but I reckon you'll need to get the sill reshaped a little as it may well not allow the sill to sit flush and the shut line to the door is too close also.

I'm new to all this so please bear with me.

I see what you mean about the door shut, Stoney, but do you think this - http://bit.ly/Usw7ad - could be used, and if so, how are these skirts fitted, screws rivets or how?

Well I bought it anyway so just hope I will be able to use it to tidy up a bit when I get it - !!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club