Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Couple Of Small Mods Carried Out

Stoney871

Just wanted to post a couple of small mods off my list of bits and pieces.

I decided to get around to changing my side indicators for smoked LED ones, a bit of a tight fit but i think they look cracking.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4cf4936e6e

DSC_0085-2.jpg

DSC_0088-2.jpg

Also i went for Carbon Fibre effect steering wheel inserts- (the silver S is my little touch as after all my car is the Sport version)

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2574cae1b3

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4169de9588

DSC_0094-2.jpg

DSC_0105-2.jpg

DSC_0101-2.jpg

DSC_0102-2.jpg

Comments and critique welcome.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brigante

• Stoney871

• Oxide

• artscot79

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking good Clive,

especially the nice easy carbon fibre mod ....really enhances the aesthetics of the steering wheel

I do love LED lights, the immediacy of them flashing on/off really adds a premium look to the car i think!

Really like the carbon fibre on the steering wheel. I've been looking at replacing the entire radio surround, ashtray, and gear surround with carbon fibre.

Tidy little job there mate. When you gonna get round to fitting your overlays :P

Thanks lads, glad to see you approve.

Brigante, I keep meaning to get around to fitting the overlays but the weather never seems to be right when I have time.

Lol I know mate just winding you up cause I know you've had em a few months :P

Your steering wheel inserts look like they've just been carbon wrapped by the seller, are they?

I do like the smoked repeaters too, wanted to do it myself but as you know I'm installing wing mirror repeaters at some point so not much point doing smoked till then.

youve got the same ones i ordered ya bugga lol sidelights i mean how are you finding them do they flash correctly ie in time with the fronts

Lights are all in sync.

The inserts are not wrapped, they're solid plastic with a textured carbon detail on them.

You'd think they were carbon if you didn't look at the back of them and see the injection mould blobs.

that put my mind at rest i ordered mine the other day and since no one had done it i wasnt sure how they would look but im happy they look good mate im not being biased lol

You'll find that when you remove the old ones you're likely to snap lugs off them.

New ones need to shimmy under the airbag cover, be warned you will probably sound the horn a few times so be prepared to annoy some people. ;)

I made a few scrotes jump a bit so good result all round. :P

Looking good there, was looking into those inserts, but I cannot carbon wap so the rest of the dash would stay bland lol.....

How did you remove the bottom of the three inserts from the steering wheel? Interested in doing the same mod, had a quick 2 second look at them and the side 2 seem to pull right off but the lower one wraps all the way around?

The bottom one is two parts.

Pop the rear bit off and the front one just comes off with a bit of flexing.

Be aware that the rear bit has a plastic tube coming out of it to clip into the front bit.

A wide bladed screwdriver with the tip taped over is a good tool to have handy.

Next phase done at long last, finally got my footwell lights fitted.

I've only got some weedy white LED in at the moment as i forgot i used my decent blue ones in my courtesy lights.

I'll pop on some photos later when it's dark and update when i get some decent blue ones fitted.

fitted my led side repeaters you werent jolking that they are a tight fit had to take a few extra mm out the 2 lugs they wouldnt go otherwise even with the fem mm taken out they needed a thump to get them in wouldnt like to get them back out without breaking them that said they do look good work well with the black trim the light blue body dark rear windows and the bright red s badge

Next phase done at long last, finally got my footwell lights fitted.

I've only got some weedy white LED in at the moment as i forgot i used my decent blue ones in my courtesy lights.

I'll pop on some photos later when it's dark and update when i get some decent blue ones fitted.

Whey hey :P

One less thing I can dig at you at ;)

What LEDs you thinking of getting?

They are a tad snug.

I think i'll look next to Zetec black reflector headlights and LED tail lights just to keep the dark lighting theme going.

Whey hey :P

One less thing I can dig at you at ;)

What LEDs you thinking of getting?

Not decided yet, i'll have a scout around later.

Any suggestions as to nice bright ones?

Not decided yet, i'll have a scout around later.

Any suggestions as to nice bright ones?

For 2quid these serve the purpose quite well inho

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_2878wt_1186

They what I got in in the photo's before I installed the ignition barrel so if you go by them they spread the light quite well

Replaced them with these

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1439.l2649

Waited a literally month for them to come from china, the delivery was actually that long. Only to find that because there's so many more LEDs, they half the size of the LEDs on the 5smd and less powerful, which I could tell from the photo but still, considering they got 23 extra lights on them I've noticed no difference in light in the front footwells and really wasn't worth the wait.

good enough for me mate. these are them

DSCN0583.jpg

just saying for how long i waited for the 28smds to come from china cause i couldn't find a uk seller of the blue ones anywhere, just white ones, wish i'd of just kept the 5smds in cause they just as bright n spread it the same.

so for 2quid the 2 n a few days wait instead of a months wait you can't go wrong ;)