• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brigante

• Stoney871

• Oxide

• artscot79

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I need to replace my courtesy lights as well, struggling to find any in red though :(

I need to replace my courtesy lights as well, struggling to find any in red though :(

have a look at all these listings

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=36mm%20led%20red&_sop=15

as long as its a 36mm it should do the job

this one for instance seems to be the cheapest n is a uk seller. should do the job nicely

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-LED-C5W-SV8-5-239-FESTOON-36mm-CHOOSE-COLOUR-12V-CAR-OR-VAN-239-CHECK-SIZE-/330706328480?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var&hash=item4cffa21ba0&_uhb=1#ht_2745wt_1139

Lol i just searched for 36mm led red. The one i just linked should be sufficent enough but i havent used that type myself before.

If you have a mooch through all the listings theres a variety of types. If you did want red map reading lights too to go either side of the courtesy light you just need the same type as your front footwells mate

Well that's good news, because I ordered 4 for my footwells with plans on doing the rear footwells but I guess I can just get the footwell, courtesy (just ordered btw) and map reading lights done all at once now haha.

All good then mate, you'll have your front lighting all sorted unless you fancy the ignition barrel.

Just so you know though you can't use the front footwell bulbs in the rear footwells cause theres no holders. What you will wanna do is stick an led pod on each blower under your front seats, unbolt your centre console to thread the wiring up the middle of the car, take your glove box out n splice the rear footwell lighting into the front passenger footwell lighting so they run off the same timer. may sound daunting but it's very easy.

My good friend Lenny AKA Don Corleone of modding ;) has written a guide on it here already:

http://www.fordowner...__fromsearch__1

Just scroll down in the guide to the bit about the rear footwells

And here's the red led pods you'd need to order 2 of:

http://www.ebay.co.u...0841581&afsrc=1

Ignition barrel is already ordered and on the way :D

I'd be a bit nervous about doing the rear ones if they require that much wiring. I'm still a complete novice when it comes to dealing with wiring and electrics. Maybe eventually, I'll use the ignition barrel mod as a test to see how confident I am with it first.

Honestly mate I'd never done any wiring myself either n the rear footwells was the first thing i'd ever wired but it really was that easy.

Also, if your wiring the ignition barrel it will be easier to wire it to the driver side footwell rather than route the wire to the courtesy light. If your doing it this way its exactly the same as doing the rear footwells.

First, remove the steering wheel column surround by removing the 2 screws from underneath. Once thats gone there should be a black foam sheet over the footwell, flap that up n you'll see the footwell lighting wire thats got fabric tape around it, peel some of that back.

Route the LED barrel light from the ignition barrel to the footwell wire to work out how much of the ignition barrel wire you need then cut the rest of the loom off. You'll end up with this much that you don't need.

614394_481238915228000_1881787785_o.jpg

Then all you do is take a stanley blade n strip down about 15mm off the plastic coating of the earth wire of the footwell lighting to expose the copper wire.

Then strip about 15mm off the plastic coating from the end of the earth wire of the ignition barrel loom. Wrap this around the exposed copper wire of the footwell lighting nice n tight. Once you've done that, tape it up with electrical tape nice n tight ensuring no copper wire is exposed.

Then do exactly the same procedure for the live wires n the ignition barrel light will suddenly light up. Put it all back together n job done. Clive has already uploaded a guide on the ignition barrel lighting so use that for reference on how to put the steering wheel column back together.

If you can manage that you can definitely manage the rear foot-wells. Its exactly the same you just have to route the wiring up the middle of the car n splice it into the passenger foot-wells.

There's plenty of us here on the forum more than happy to help if you need any advice on any mods you may have in mind, n if there's anything in my signature you fancy doing I'm more than happy to advise on it if you wanna drop me a PM or something. I'm sure that goes for Clive too if you wanna do anything in his signature.

I'll definitely give it a go, got plenty of stuff ordered, just sick of waiting for it to arrive! I want to get started already lol

I'll definitely give it a go, got plenty of stuff ordered, just sick of waiting for it to arrive! I want to get started already lol

Lol I know how you feel there mate, most of my stuff came from china like my footwell n courtesy lights n ignition barrel light. n the led pods for the rear footwells come from america. so waiting 2weeks to a month for em all to come was !Removed! horrible lol when you can't wait to start modding.

My only saving grace is that I should be quite busy with work over the next couple of weeks so hopefully it will take my mind off of it for a while

Bulbs ordered.

Cheers.

Should have them in no time mate then you can get some night shots up of your work :P

What you got in your courtesy light anyway when you say 'ambient'?

My only saving grace is that I should be quite busy with work over the next couple of weeks so hopefully it will take my mind off of it for a while

Lucky there mate, I'm currently out of work after my contract ended. Got an interview type thing on the 25th for a better job at the same place so hopefully I'll be back in work soon. Driving me mad not working so I've just been doing a few mods to keep busy. Last few I did was second reverse light n second boot light.

Have you had a mooch right through my mods thread? Gradually shows the transformation from being completely stock to all the mods I've done since joining this forum.

Should have them in no time mate then you can get some night shots up of your work :P

What you got in your courtesy light anyway when you say 'ambient'?

Submarine lights.

2 LED's on the courtesy light which shine down on the centre console when the headlights are on-

DSC_0198.jpg

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/966

Submarine lights.

2 LED's on the courtesy light which shine down on the centre console when the headlights are on-

DSC_0198.jpg

http://www.european-...products_id/966

Thoughtso

Is it worth the money or am I alright sticking with what I got?

I got mine cheap and if I remember correctly off someone on the forum.

They do look cool though, it's a subtle red glow onto the console that just makes the interior look more stylish.

They sometimes come up on eBay but not very often.

Hmm I'm not bothered about red in my car lol. I'll have to keep an eye out for one I suppose.

pics of those led repeaters now for the next idea lol

post-8800-0-33926500-1347879756_thumb.jppost-8800-0-97357700-1347879768_thumb.jp

I still wanna get these but I'm gonna do the wing mirror repeaters instead

i was going to do the wing mirrors but cant be bothered too much expense for such a small mod tried to get the st mirrors breakers want 150 quid sod that these are bright enough

Lol i know but i'm gonna do it anyway. Either get st mirrors or just get the repeaters n the covers to go on my existing mirrors.

Gonna do the mk2 mirror repeaters mate not the 2.5. Like off a cmax ghia or a mk2 st

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club