Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carbon Fibre Interior

Oxide

Hey there guys, looking for a bit of help to find some interior surround/fascia pieces for the interior of my 2008 Focus Zetec.

This is essentially what I'm looking for : http://www.teamtorquesteer.co.uk/category-229/focus-carbon-effect-radio-surroundfacia.html

I'm looking to replace the entire centre console in the same style. However, I can't seem to find anywhere that does a fascia for the gear lever surround and the only ones I've found for the other parts (radio surround, ashtray, switch surround) seem ridiculously expensive. For example this would cost me upwards of £450 :o from the website above.

I was just wondering if anyone has done something similar or knows of somewhere I can find the parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oxide

• Brigante

• Stoney871

• artscot79

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jesus that's expensive.

I recommend searching eBay for carbon effect parts. Far cheaper and exactly the same quality.

There are a couple of sellers that wrap parts and put them up on eBay but can charge £60 per part.

Some of us here have wrapped our own parts, just buy a good sheet of bubble free 3M wrap and give it a go yourself.

It takes a bit of practice but the beauty of wrap is you can warm it up to straighten it and try again.

!Removed! hell not paying that for it. I'd rather have it like that too but it's silly money for what it is. Wouldn't mind finding somewhere to hydro dip my existing surrounds on the cheap but till then I've carbon wrapped all mine for under 8quid and done a half decent job of it.

616537_467900009895224_240344393_o.jpg

291538_462060443812514_52409176_o.jpg

Not perfect but it'll do for now and it didn't cost me 450 !Removed! quid lol :P

Hmm, I hadn't even thought of trying to wrap them myself.

I've carbon wrapped all mine for under 8quid and done a half decent job of it.

Roughly how much material did it take for you to wrap the centre trim?

And is there a guide anywhere on how to remove the gear surround and ash tray?

Less than a 30cm square sheet I think, probably a lot less lol. Just say whatever the size of the unit is plus an inch of overlap around the edges. But put it this way I bought my sheet of wrap for 8quid, wrapped everything I have and I've still got about half if not more of it left over.

There's no need for a guide, just wrap some tape around a flat head screwdriver so it doesn't scratch anything then push it under each corner of the unit and pop it up. The gear surround is the only thing holding the garage door unit in so once the gear surrounds out it'll just slide out. Very easy.

Cheers, have ordered the wrap (less than 8 quid ;) ) and an xacto knife for the cuts. Hopefully have this project done in a few weeks.

Will post pictures when I'm done, thanks for the help.

Depends how big you want the wrap mate mine was massive lol, looked all over eBay and at the time for the size of the sheet it was the cheapest there was. You can get smaller sheets for less. Only used a good stanley knife that I already had too.

Well I've ordered 30cm x 30cm for the moment, decided if it wasn't big enough I can always order more and if it's too big then who knows, maybe a carbon wrap for the key fob, can never have too much carbon in your life :D

Haha I'll try not to, I'm a bit more worried about buggering up the trim in my nice new car as opposed to her hair dryer to be honest

Well I've ordered 30cm x 30cm for the moment, decided if it wasn't big enough I can always order more and if it's too big then who knows, maybe a carbon wrap for the key fob, can never have too much carbon in your life :D

Just been out and measured my head unit surround to be sure lol, 30cmx30m is enough.. just lol. it's plenty to do the width but only just enough to do the length cause of the hazard light bit at the top, but you'll still have just enough overlap to fold round and heat shrink at the back. You will only have enough for one shot at it though but as Clive mentioned if you mess it up you can just heat it up to get rid of any creases n do it again.

How about the gear lever surround? I assume one A4 sheet would be large enough to do the ashtray and switch surround with switches?

Heres the roll I purchased, 1520MM x 600MM n it's even dropped in price to 6.99 since I purchased it lol.

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

How much did you pay for your 30cm by 30cm?

You might wanna just buy one big roll like I did n cut the pieces off it as you need it rather than keep buying it bit by bit.

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_2591wt_1265

Thats the one I ordered, 7.98 for 30x30

I can always cancel that order and get a bigger roll, just wondering what size I would have to get to cover all of the trim (gear surround, ash tray switch surround and head unit)

I'd probably cancel that mate cause compared to the size of the sheet I've got you really over paid, however yours may be better quality than mine I'm not sure. To do everything I did I'd probably say about half the size of what I've got. But there's no harm in having some left over in case you find anything else you wanna wrap later.

Cancelled and ordered the bigger roll, even if it is too big I wouldn't mind doing my laptop so I'll stick with the bigger roll, it's only £7 at the end of the day.

Looking forward to getting started on this!

Best tip is to take your time and keep the wrap warm, much easier to work it when it's soft.

Cancelled and ordered the bigger roll, even if it is too big I wouldn't mind doing my laptop so I'll stick with the bigger roll, it's only £7 at the end of the day.

Looking forward to getting started on this!

Was actually going to say you could do your laptop lol. It comes rolled up in a heavy duty tube, just cut pieces off as you need it with scissors then roll it back up. Like you said it's only 7quid and you was gonna pay that for a lot smaller sheet, by getting this one your getting a lot more for your money.

Clive just gave you a good tip there too about keeping it warm.

I'll definitely post up some pictures when I get it done, might not be for a couple of weeks (off to germany on sunday) but I'll do my best.

Thanks for all the help! :D

I do wrapping proffesionally, i work on the wrapping of cars completely i.e in full carbone or chrome and also can do interior work, if you want you can inbox me and i can sort something out for you, i.e post the parts to me and it'll be wrapped like a beauty!!! in any colour shape or form! you pay for the materials and tbh i dont care for a (wage/cost to do it) unless you decide to hahaha

I'll give it a shot wrapping something myself and see how it goes, if I'm useless at it then I might take you up on that offer.

post-36802-0-27888100-1347551862_thumb.j

Well that's halfway done :)

Now to do the ashtray and gear surround, but I can't seem to figure out how to remove them.

Can anyone give me some pointers as to the easiest way to get them out?

Great first attempt at the wrapping there mate.

Like I'be said before, get a screwdriver under the corners of the gear stick surround and it just pops up.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club