Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carbon Fibre Interior

Oxide

Thanks, didn't take me too long but I got the hang of it pretty quickly.

I've removed the gear surround already,I meant the greyish trim surrounds that and the cup holders up to the centre arm rest. Or is that the same solution, screwdriver under the trim?

And what about that ashtray/storage thing? I can't seem to find any screws holding it in place?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oxide

• Brigante

• Stoney871

• artscot79

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ashtray just clips into place under the demister panel and the gear surround on a 2.5 is glued to the upper console piece.

To remove the ashtray unit you'll need to remove the whole upper console piece.

On a mk2 you'd only need to unclip both parts of the gear surround.

I think for your model it's 4 screws at the rear and 2 bolts at the front and the footwell side panels need to come off too but they are one screw each under pop off covers.

Sorry it's more involved than on a mk2.

Didn't realize the mk2.5 was different to the mk2 lol I've just ran outside and done this

gear.jpg

Waste of time lol

:D

Like I said the 2.5 has a different design centre console.

I believe the lower piece is glued to the panel so is more tricky to remove.

I think you can seperate it but will need to re glue it afterwards.

post-36802-0-20753100-1347560571_thumb.j

Well I finally got them out with a bit of brute force and ignorance.

Could be a bit tricky to wrap the gear stick surround considering I can't really separate the part I want to wrap from the rest of the trim...

Knew it had a different design but assumed the garage door n gear surround came out the same.

Will look good when you got everything wrapped Oxide mate

lol Hopefully, got the ashtray done but I'm struggling with the gear surround....

Tried once, epic fail, back to the drawing board

Just take your time on it mate nice n slow, you'll do it.

post-36802-0-69730200-1347572235_thumb.j

post-36802-0-69956700-1347572078_thumb.j

Finally done! Took long enough, got the gear stick surround done on the second try. Quite happy with how it all looks.

Thanks all for the help and feedback, can't wait to get started on my next mod. I'm thinking footwell lighting and cupholder lighting? Sounds like fun.

post-36802-0-93361800-1347572104_thumb.j

Very nice job you've done there mate. A cheap n very easy mod to nicely finish off the centre console nicely would be custom heating control knobs, many of us on the forum have them lol.

Could always carbon wrap your steering wheel inserts too while your at it.

What colour LEDs you thinking?

I've completely converted all my interior lighting to LED including front n rear footwells, map reading n courtesy light, glove box n boot. May do the door handles at some point if I can be arsed lol.

A great and relatively easy mod for exterior lighting would be a second reverse light, well worth doing.

Oh and you can see what I mean about doing all that for under 8quid as apposed to hundreds of pounds on new parts lol. How much wrap have you got left after doing it all?

Definitely thinking about doing a full interior swap for red LEDs because the radio and speedo are already red. List of things I wanna do atm include:

Front and rear footwell LEDs (red)

Ignition ring

Map reading light to red (maybe, haven't seen one yet)

Cupholder LED's (red)

DRL's

Rear LED badge (braking/revers red/white)

Seen loads of cool stuff on here to do, but it might be a bit of a steep learning curve. No real experience in wiring or electrics so could get a bit tricky.

I'll probably start with the footwell, ignition and cupholder lighting depending on when I have the time/funds. Off to germany next week for 8 days so I might try and order some stuff in before I go.

And I still have loads of wrap left, not as much as I expected because I had to bin my first attempt at the gear surround but still enough to do laptop, ipad and phone maybe.

Nice little list to work through there. I had no experience what so ever when I started out either. When I bought the car I had no intention of doing any mods at all. Then I came across this forum lol and well my car speaks for itself. Still got that much more I wanna do too.

When you get a moment, have a mooch through my thread

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/34953-my-minor-mods-to-date/

All my mods so far in one place, may give you some inspiration.

Looks good mate, need to figure out what I'm doing with these led's because I'm a bit confused as to where to mount them. I think there are 2 bulb holders already installed in my footwells but I'm not sure wether they'll be bright enough or if I should mount my own?

Footwell lighting and red courtesy lighting are definitely first on my list

If you have bulbs already there rather than just the holes to mount the holders them just whack in some decent LED Bulbs instead.

They will make a lot of difference from standard t10 bulbs.

The standard ones are horribly dull and yellow.

Failing that you can splice in some nice led strips along the underside of the dash.

If there are bulb holders in place just whack a bulb in to see if theres power to it. Long as you got a decent LED in there it'll spread the light and fill the footwells nicely, just look at mine. Also, if theres power to the front foot-well lighting, it'll make it a lot easier when installing the LED ignition barrel cause you can wire it straight to the driverside footwell instead of routing it to the courtesy light.

And for a cheap but effective mod for around 20quid, you can install rear footwell lighting by routing the wire to the passenger side footwell.

If you have bulbs already there rather than just the holes to mount the holders them just whack in some decent Led bulbs instead.

They will make a lot of difference from standard t10 bulbs.

The standard ones are horribly dull and yellow.

Failing that you can splice in some nice led strips along the underside of the dash.

Damn it Clive you beat me to it by a second

Was gonna mention the LED strips cause I was thinking about it too but me bulbs seem to spread the light enough just fine

Definitely need to get some red LED Bulbs in, Halfords were less than useless when I went today so need to find some online. Are they W5W bulbs I need? Completely clueless on this topic.

Ebays your friend for modding cars mate just search for red led wedge bulbs or something. A 5smd should spread the light suficient enough. The bulbs are only like a quid each and very effective.

There is a discussion in the fiesta club on what colour bulbs people have so have a mooch in there n theres plenty of links to the bulbs people purchased

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club