Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tilt Handle Broken! Please Help!

ManxKat

Morning all.

Something else has now gone wrong with my car - grrrrr. The driver's seat tilt handle has snapped clean off, meaning I can no longer move my seat and get access to the back seat which is a pain in the posterior as you can imagine.

Has anyone had to replace these and can help me? Is it something I can do or is it more complicated?

I found the part I need:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-2003-2008-RH-FRONT-SEAT-TILT-HANDLE-/110814847740?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19cd1462fc#ht_500wt_969

Just wondering if I am going to need a man to do it :lol:

Thanks guys

Kerry

I've had to do a replacement on my passenger seat - thanks to a rather drunken friend yanking it. Luckily for me, the wire and the wire head was still visible, so It was a straight forward swap. All you do, Is grab it with some thin nose pliers, pull the wire, (releasing the seat) putting slack to it, to clip the new handle under it, which in turn clips back down into place. Took me 5 minutes to figure it out, 2 minutes to actually do.

If the wire has completely snapped and gone inside the seat, I'm afraid that would be a seat out job.

As a extra note, having that broken is an MOT failure. not to mention, If you were to pop in the garage had already ordered that part, I'm sure they would do that for £5

Thanks for your reply hun! You make it sound so easy! I will have a look tonight and see how much damage is done.

We don't have MOT's over here so luckily don't have to worry about that one, but thanks for the heads up!

The Isle of Man does have its good points definitely, but it also has it's bad points trust me!

So I checked and looks like it's only the plastic bit that has snapped off, the metal wire head is there. So I am going to order the part - just bit worried about actually doing it without messing it up :(

Will cross that bridge when I come to it!

Cheers ears!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club