Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recent Mods

moy24

i just need to look for a bonnet and wing mirrors i got time to find the parts as i wont be doing nothing to the car till after winter basicly after the snow is over if it snows this yea.il end up selling my standerd wings,bonnet and headlight when im ready and dont need them anymore. quick question the headlight are they plug and play or are the connection different for the facelift headlight to my connection.

was wondering if anyone got a spare standered front bumper as i need one so i can drive the car while the st bumper is off the car.

I have recived both front wings and the headlight i will take pic tommorow and upload it. I will check if the connections are all the same tommorow and if it is il conect 1 headlight and take pic of it for you to see.

Thought il upload pic of the lights the panels are in the gargae bit hard to get to so no pic of the panels yet.Does anyone no what the black little box is for on the pic. Also whats the 4 black strip for it came with the lights.There is only one plug on it which is a grey plug with 7 pins i think hope it plug n play.

post-27208-0-25003900-1350122436_thumb.j

post-27208-0-94921600-1350122532_thumb.j

post-27208-0-17525400-1350122596_thumb.j

post-27208-0-19590200-1350122664_thumb.j

post-27208-0-81585300-1350122725_thumb.j

post-27208-0-12264100-1350122799_thumb.j

post-27208-0-93978900-1350122860_thumb.j

Black box is a voltage adaptor for your drls

And the four stick clips fit to the bottom of each headlight to grip the sub frame of the car where the screw goes in the top of the sub frame.

Two plastic clips grip from the bottom too.

Black box is a voltage adaptor for your drls

And the four stick clips fit to the bottom of each headlight to grip the sub frame of the car where the screw goes in the top of the sub frame.

Two plastic clips grip from the bottom too.

Thanks for the reply i had a feeling thats what it was but wanted to double check. I just hope it plug and play im waiting for my mate who got my toolbox then il take the light off and have a look. I have 6000k hid on the car i can use that on the new lights cant i ? i no you meant to have washers and self adjusting lights but i dont have clue how or if you could add those to the car or not.

Connector plug looks the right shape anyway. I think yours being a Titanium spec might have 10pin plugs on the car though. I know mine does and has the wiring for levelling of adaptive projectors or xenons. Should be ok anyway.

Bit off topic here mate, but have you ever looked into the guide for adding an auxiliary 12V socket to the boot? I'm having trouble with mine that nobody else has come across, so was wondering if maybe you'd had a look yet with your car being a Titanium spec like mine. See the link below if you get a chance...

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/29774-guide-additional-12v-power-socket-in-boot-focus-mk25/page__st__60

Connector plug looks the right shape anyway. I think yours being a Titanium spec might have 10pin plugs on the car though. I know mine does and has the wiring for levelling of adaptive projectors or xenons. Should be ok anyway.

Bit off topic here mate, but have you ever looked into the guide for adding an auxiliary 12V socket to the boot? I'm having trouble with mine that nobody else has come across, so was wondering if maybe you'd had a look yet with your car being a Titanium spec like mine. See the link below if you get a chance...

http://www.fordowner...25/page__st__60

My car has 7 pins i already connected the light to see if it work and it does im waiting for it to get dark outside and il take some pic n upload it.You mentioned yourcar has the wires for leveling projectors which wires are they.

I havent looked for the 12v socket as im not thinking of doining anything with it. what exactly do you want me to check for if you tell me il have a look when i can.

Nah you're ok mate in that case. It's a matter of removing boot trim and stuff so no need unless you were gonna anyway. The trim removal instructions and pics are in the guide I linked to above so only if you ever get bored and take a look!

Seems most people have a 12V live plug already wired in the boot, so use it to put an extra socket back there. But I don't seem to have one so was just wonderin if you're Titanium was the same.

Nah you're ok mate in that case. It's a matter of removing boot trim and stuff so no need unless you were gonna anyway. The trim removal instructions and pics are in the guide I linked to above so only if you ever get bored and take a look!

Seems most people have a 12V live plug already wired in the boot, so use it to put an extra socket back there. But I don't seem to have one so was just wonderin if you're Titanium was the same.

In that case il leave it as dont realy wana remove the trim but if i ever do il send you a private message.

Took some quick pic not perfect pic but gives you an idea how it looks i just tried 1 light to see how it looked and if it was plug and play which it was so great i will end up hooking up mu HID Kit thats allready on the car to the new lights. Let me no what you all think.

post-27208-0-72854400-1350151156_thumb.j

post-27208-0-48198800-1350151236_thumb.j

post-27208-0-88456600-1350151296_thumb.j

post-27208-0-00131400-1350151382_thumb.j

post-27208-0-00330900-1350151628_thumb.j

post-27208-0-03530800-1350151694_thumb.j

post-27208-0-31060200-1350151738_thumb.j

looks good, what you doing about the self levelers n washers?

i dont have either il just drive without them been doing it for over 2 years without any problem,i just put standerd bulbs in for mot and swaped it bk after.

I don't think the washers would be effective on these light units because the stock jets were designed to spray on to the lens to clean the position of the xenon magnified lens but these units the lens is in a different location so may be pointless fitting the jets on this occasion.

I don't think the washers would be effective on these light units because the stock jets were designed to spray on to the lens to clean the position of the xenon magnified lens but these units the lens is in a different location so may be pointless fitting the jets on this occasion.

I dont even have stock jets on my car. Might sound silly but Is the self leveling built in the headlight or is it a feature on the car i wanted to no if i had the feature or not.

Might sound silly but Is the self leveling built in the headlight or is it a feature on the car i wanted to no if i had the feature or not.

As far as I'm aware,

The auto leveling is a sensor fitted to the rear bumper support area that sences tilt and sends signal to motors that fit like a cradle under the headlight units themselves. You may like to contact fellow forum member Haz93

He owns a Mk2.5 ZetecS and is currently fitting auto leveling xenon headlights.

Also in an earlier post you mentioned removing the HID headlights and fitting halogen ones for the purpose of the MOT.

Since upgrading to the mk2.5 shape you may be interested in purchasing a set of chrome mk2.5 halogen headlight units minus bulbs. I will be selling my current set at the end of november because I'm upgrading to the black halogen type instead of the existing chrome.

As far as I'm aware,

The auto leveling is a sensor fitted to the rear bumper support area that sences tilt and sends signal to motors that fit like a cradle under the headlight units themselves. You may like to contact fellow forum member Haz93

He owns a Mk2.5 ZetecS and is currently fitting auto leveling xenon headlights.

Also in an earlier post you mentioned removing the HID headlights and fitting halogen ones for the purpose of the MOT.

Since upgrading to the mk2.5 shape you may be interested in purchasing a set of chrome mk2.5 halogen headlight units minus bulbs. I will be selling my current set at the end of november because I'm upgrading to the black halogen type instead of the existing chrome.

I wont be changeing the unit for the mot il just take the HID Kit off and replace with normal bulbs my hid is aftermarket one not built in so i wont need any units all i need is standered bulb which i have.

I have been quoted £375 to resprey mynew bonnet both new front wings and front bumper including fitting which is a good price i think. The question is should i get them respreyed or for a total price of £650 i can get the whole car wrapped in any colour i was thinking of white with black roof or something maybe even a apple candy red. I think rather then just geting the panels painted and the rest of the car has bit of scratch here and there it make more sense doing a full wrapp what you all think and can what colour do you think will look good.

all ill say on the wrap idea is when the blistering sun comes out theres a lot of cars that have started bubbling and the wrap lifts i know a guy who runs a local company and he gets cars back a lot during the summer months as the sun focusing on one spot like the roof causes it to lift having seen 2 cars there with wrap if im honest at a distance it looks great up close its not so great but that said if you got say the rs500 3m matt black wrap which he says is top notch and rarely lifts it may be worth it but avoid the cheap wrap and get the 3m

This is what i mean if i should do my car in white it look similar to this.

post-27208-0-59664200-1350215507_thumb.j

post-27208-0-37087000-1350215543_thumb.j

post-27208-0-96140700-1350215561_thumb.j

youre choice mate youre money i would have the paint done simply because if i had to remove the wrap at any point ide still have to get the panels sprayed but thats just me if you plan on never removing the wrap then go for it just get a good quality wrap on

youre choice mate youre money i would have the paint done simply because if i had to remove the wrap at any point ide still have to get the panels sprayed but thats just me if you plan on never removing the wrap then go for it just get a good quality wrap on

Im not sure if i will do it just thinking about it as its not a big price differnce for just the resprey and wrapp if i just resprey it the front will be spotless but the rest of the car wont be but wrapp it and all the will be spotless and will look good to. il wont be taking the wrapp of as long as i own the car.

then go for the wrap mate if thats what you want the white looks good but the matt black is really aggressive looking as well

then go for the wrap mate if thats what you want the white looks good but the matt black is really aggressive looking as well

The wrap is 3m and its good quaility it a mate that i no who does it for a company so im geting a good price and as for mat black when i decide if i should wrapp it il think about the colour properly including matt black

can get mine wrapped for me then