Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk5 fiesta

focuslad

hi everyone just got me a mk5 fiesta on friday 52 plate 1.25 zetec se i probably paid over the odds for it but i fell in love as soon as i saw it ideally a wanted a focus hence my name but thanx to the recession i had to budget but i`m happy with my lil fizzbomb give the car a good going over only 2 find that the rear arches are starting to rust :( i wanna get this nailed on the head before it gets real bad and i have to get new arches welded on is it worth it? or should i just wait and get new rear arches welded on at a later date? any opinions would be helpfull :)

Ford give a 10 year anti corrosion warranty with there cars. Not sure if there's a millage cap on it tho. If u got the handbook with the car the details are on the inside front cover I think

Ford give a 10 year anti corrosion warranty with there cars. Not sure if there's a millage cap on it tho. If u got the handbook with the car the details are on the inside front cover I think

ah a didnt no that so if it does cover it can ford fix it?

You might have to bug them about it but they shuld do it. Get a copy of a handbook from someone that has a ford and it will give you all the details.

hi everyone just got me a mk5 fiesta on friday 52 plate 1.25 zetec se i probably paid over the odds for it but i fell in love as soon as i saw it ideally a wanted a focus hence my name but thanx to the recession i had to budget but i`m happy with my lil fizzbomb give the car a good going over only 2 find that the rear arches are starting to rust :( i wanna get this nailed on the head before it gets real bad and i have to get new arches welded on is it worth it? or should i just wait and get new rear arches welded on at a later date? any opinions would be helpfull :)

I had this problem on my 52 plate...the main cause of the problem is MUD !! The MUD retains moisture and over time

it eats away at the metal, get yourself a hose & wash out all the MUD & C... that has collected over the years, i took the

arch liners out so I could remove the last scrap of dirt. When it's all dry (next day) get down to Halfords & buy some WAXOIL

black underseal and coat all the wheelhouse (especially under the lip of the arch), when that's cured (doesn't really dry)

re-fit the liners.

Now for the rust.....your going to have to rub down the area and treat with CURERUST & then fill / Paint.

Sounds like a mammoth chor but will be worth all the hassle & save you a fortune later on !!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club