Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Fiesta Titanium Possible Missing Trim In Boot

muinatiT

Hi all

New Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.4 auto owner here. 2012 model, 3months old, picked it up yesterday. Looking into the boot from the rear seat area (after folding them down) I noticed that under the tailgate lip (to the boot floor - and the width of the tailgate) there is no trim covering the paint work underneath. I can even see some sealant or something with that appearence that just looks like it should not be on show. Perhaps Ford didn't bother because you can't see it when you look into the boot from the back of the car.

I was wondering if any other Titanium owner's, or even any Mk7 Fiesta owner could look in the boot and see if their's is the same?

Many thanks

T

I actually noticed this putting some stuff in the boot this morning, It's like a white sealant paste? Mk7 Zetec.

Thanks for the reply Mathrin. It sounds like Ford didn't bother with covering this section. I'm so anally retentive that I will no doubt fashion some felt trim to cover it :)

A bit of speaker enclosure material would do it, not too thick and easy to work with.

Use some carpet tape or carpet spray glue to hold it nicely in place.

Whats a MK8?

It's what some people (mainly breakers/dismantlers) call the MK7 ;)

It's what some people (mainly breakers/dismantlers) call the MK7 ;)

Yeah, sorry for confusing things. The more I look around the more I saw it referred to as a MK8 on eBay. I'll correct it again if the 2008-2012 Fiesta is known as the MK7 on this site.

I really don't know where MK8 even comes from.

The current 2008 onwards Fiesta is the 6th generation. It is only called MK7 in the UK and a few other places due to the MK4 facelift being called the MK5 and throwing the numbering out.

Hopefully the Evo Concept facelift will remain a MK7 facelift and not be the MK8. The Mark should only change with each generation, which means new platform, etc.

You have to remember that Ford do not use the MK system at all.

They go purely on the build year.

You have to remember that Ford do not use the MK system at all.

They go purely on the build year.

They use model years don't they? Even through the life of what appear to be the same car, just with slight alterations.

2012.5MY, 2009MY, etc.

They use model years don't they? Even through the life of what appear to be the same car, just with slight alterations.

2012.5MY, 2009MY, etc.

To add to the confusion, doesn't the 'Model Year' come out the year before e.g. a 2010 registered car would be 2009MY ?

I've looked in the boot of my 2009 Titanium "Mk7" and there is indeed, painted metal visible below the plastic trim over the boot lip but only about 60cm wide and It's hardly visible. What I do think is worth doing however, is to cover the seat backs with trim/carpet as they can get scratched when using the seats down and it looks a bit bare when you open the boot. Someone already did this on here, I believe, using carpet material and made a cracking job

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club