Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet Insulation

StanH

I have just been reading the article on mist jets and it brought it home to me that I have no such insulation.

Does this insulation cut down road noise at all, and if it does, any suggestions on where I could get a pad and the necessary clips

Thanks

The bonnet insulation only really comes on deisels mate n mk2.5 models I think. I don't have it either.

Can be purchased here on Taobao

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?ali_refid=a3_420434_1006%3A1103135204%3A6%3A%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3Fs%3A6f45d018cd8c832e63340e5feaffb0e2&id=13964078956&ali_trackid=1_6f45d018cd8c832e63340e5feaffb0e2

But it's 100quid for essentially whats just a bit of padding

ford do it for 70quid plus v.a.t all 2.5s have it petrol and diesel and all mk3s as it cuts road and engine noise stops the bonnet discoloring from engine heaj

I have just been reading the article on mist jets and it brought it home to me that I have no such insulation.

Does this insulation cut down road noise at all, and if it does, any suggestions on where I could get a pad and the necessary clips

Thanks

Welcome to the forum,

your best option would be to email some breakers through eBay. write the message in eBay once. then copy&paste it to other breakers on eBay then wait for them to respond. and im not 100% sure but i think the mk2.5 insulation will fit the mk2 aswell.

my mk2 has it aswell...most cars do come with nowadays. when i had a 307 petrol I took mine off to make it sound a little louder etc....the days of being the road Richard cranium lol maybe this is what has happened with yours...someone before you has took it off.

the insulation is just there to sound proof the engine a little. but over time does disintegrate and fall to pieces. for the price of a new one i wouldnt bother, would be a scrap yard visit if it was needed that badly.

Thanks all - if I can find some cheap enough at a breakers I may do it, but it hardly seems worth it if it doesn't cut down the noise by much

ford do it for 70quid plus v.a.t all 2.5s have it petrol and diesel and all mk3s as it cuts road and engine noise stops the bonnet discoloring from engine heaj

Do 2.5 petrols have the insulation? Mine's doesnt!

Do 2.5 petrols have the insulation? Mine's doesnt!

My 2008 Titanium 2.5 1.8 Ltr petrol has the bonnet insulation, all Fords I have owned in the last 15 years have had it.

My previous focus never had it either, perhaps only on the titaniums? (mines is a zetec)

i took mine off because i fitted the bonnet vents. i'd give it to you for free but it would be a pain to post. i have most of the clips too i think...

i could see if it can be rolled if you want.

That's very generous, so yes please. Obviously refund at least any expenses

Stan

it does cut the noise considerably add an undertray to that and its a huge difference the difference between mine without and with is quite surprising all new fords have even newer thicker insulation open the bonnet when they are cold they arent so quiet

Stan, unfortunately the bonnet sound insulation doesnt fold very well at all. i can wrap it in plastic bags/bin liner and see what it would cost postage wise for you if you want.

I'd have took you up on that offer lol cause I'm only half hour away when I'm in Birmingham so I'd collect it.

Stan asked first though so it's his.

I haven't got this on mine either. I believe all 1.6 petrol foci don't have it, mk2 and mk2.5.

The engine noise isn't a worry for me, although the silencer makes a right racket. Like a metallic vibrating on acceleration. :S

The engine noise isn't a worry for me, although the silencer makes a right racket. Like a metallic vibrating on acceleration. :S

Check your heat shields and exhaust hangers, they will cause all manner of rattling and vibrating when accellerating.

salsheikh. I'd be grateful if you could do that and I am sure we can come to some arrangement

Stan

the rear hanger at the end of the backbox almost at the tip of the tail pipe has a habit of the weld snapping and rattling on the box also the heatshield just along the edge of the tank can lose a clip rattling away

Okay guys thanks for the advice, I will check it out later :)

artscot - what is an undertray please?

I ask because it sounds as if it might affect road niose

a plastic tray that fits under the engine stops all the road crud getting in and lowers noise like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Focus-C-Max-Volvo-S40-V50-Under-Engine-Cover-Undertray-/200817430783?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec1a6d0ff

That looks an interesting piece of kit - I assume it is an aftersale add-on and not ordinarily fitted, or is it there on all cars?

Stan, I'm guessing it shouldnt cost any more than £15 delivered for it. I've also located the clips, I have most of them, enough to hold it in place.

Sal

clips are on eBay about a fiver for all of them undertray used to be fitted to all models then to save cost only diesels had them the foci and volvo are the same chassis so the undertray fits both

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club