Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 - Iphone 4/4S Fits In The Hole Above Gear Knob Perfect.

JoeyG

Just a quick thing that made me happy. I was using my iPhone as a sat nav (using the new iOS6 Apple maps, powered by tomtom, one of the best sat nav apps I have used).

It worked through the bluetooth, music and the sat nav voice worked in harmony.

I put my iPhone 4S into the little cubby hole above the gear knob, landscape (Sideways) and it fit perfectly and looked very lush, kinda built in look, it diddent fall out when turning or anything as the way the Fiestas hole is made, it rested on the plastic outings and would not fall out what so ever.

I'm thinking of putting a thin rubber/cottony interior into the hole, as not to scratch my iPhone and make for an even cuddlier fit..

I just thought I would share that, as it made my day.

Will post pics when I get the chance

Just put a quick crappy paint pic on to help you visualize what I mean.

post-36788-0-87580300-1347979320_thumb.g

I used to do that on my Fiesta as well! If your iPhone is in a silicone cover it fits in really snugly! Also found out last week the same happens with the ashtray in a Skoda... who needs expensive phone mounts ;)

If any Focus Mk3 owners are reading, it also fits landscape in front of the stereo screen so does look like a built in sat-nav, though you will need a silicone cover on your phone or it'll launch backwards down the car every time you pull away!

I was using my iPhone as a sat nav (using the new iOS6 Apple maps, powered by tomtom, one of the best sat nav apps I have used).

iOS6? Thought that wasn't out until 19/9 :wacko:

After a bit of research the jail broken version is out today as the proper one was leaked

iOS 6 traffic is powered by tomtom, the actual maps are Apple's own..I've been using it since it was announced at beta and it's just got better and better! Seamless integration with Siri etc as expected. Much better than the google option from before.

Ah ok I see.

Well I only have the iphone4 so don't have the pleasure of interacting with Siri yet - roll on november when my contract is eligable for upgrade.

Ok so I'm now running iOS6 - tried out the maps this evening but it won't read out the directions to me - is this coz I don't have Siri (got iphone4) ? :(

EDIT - damn it. Not available on iphone4, neither is flyover. Ohwel, thats another reason for me to upgrade to iphone5 :D

iOS6? Thought that wasn't out until 19/9 :wacko:

I got it last week, Pirated the gold master beta for developers just to get a taste of it lol :) any way its out now and the maps are really good on the 4S and above only though.

Also with iOS 6 you no longer need an aux cable just USB found out when I pulled that side of the y cable out putting my handbrake on and the music stayed on

Actually you haven't needed the aux cable since the USB update in April ;)

Also with iOS 6 you no longer need an aux cable just USB found out when I pulled that side of the y cable out putting my handbrake on and the music stayed on

I've always used USB Mode, you can go through your music on the screen in the car, press the left arrow button in your car when it is on now playing and it takes you to your iPod stuff, you can choose artist, songs, playlist. And if you rename playlist to FORD1, FORD2 etc up to FORD7 you can ask the Ford voice system to play Playlist - Ford3.

I wish the button worked with SIRI though, hopefully the Fiesta will get an update so that when I press the voice button on the left indicator stoke, it accesses Siri. Currently you have to press the iPhone's home button and then Siri works through your cars microphone and Speakers (via Bluetooth).

Ok so I'm now running iOS6 - tried out the maps this evening but it won't read out the directions to me - is this coz I don't have Siri (got iphone4) ? :(

EDIT - damn it. Not available on iphone4, neither is flyover. Ohwel, thats another reason for me to upgrade to iphone5 :D

Yea the iPhone 5 looks sweet and will work well as a sat nav for the Fiesta :D.

Theres probebly a space saved for the iPhone 5 somewhere in the Fiesta lol.

Yeah! Get Waze on, the nav app i use, and it sits on the steering column, or wedge it at an angle, doesnt budge!

Yeah! Get Waze on, the nav app i use, and it sits on the steering column, or wedge it at an angle, doesnt budge!

I suspect a police man might have something to say about having your phone there whist you are driving

I just use the built in Turn by Turn, I think Waze have something to do with it since Apple bought Waze last year.

Obviously if you don't have an iPhone 4S and above then Waze is very good!

I only like it i guess coz im waze royalty lol, do alot of driving.

As far as im concerned with the phone location, its out out reach, once set up you cant get at it, handsfree is always on, and it doesnt impede the speedo. You can have your phone anywhere as long as it isnt in your hand as far as i can make out from the rules? I'm yet to be questioned on it, but when i get three points i'll let you know!

I only like it i guess coz im waze royalty lol, do alot of driving.

As far as im concerned with the phone location, its out out reach, once set up you cant get at it, handsfree is always on, and it doesnt impede the speedo. You can have your phone anywhere as long as it isnt in your hand as far as i can make out from the rules? I'm yet to be questioned on it, but when i get three points i'll let you know!

Yea, must be right, you see taxis and people with them phone cradles on there windscreen, blocking some of the view you have, if it isn't blocking your view it should be an even better defense if the police are to say anything.

Handsfree ! I hope the Fiestas get an update so I can press the voice button to use Siri.

As long as you're not touching or operating the phone while driving and it does not restrict your view of the dash panel or operation of controls them you are ok.

Also as long as placement does not obstruct your windscreen view within the general area of the drivers side wiper coverage you are fine.