Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you like?

kremmen

It looks very smart Paul.

Just one thing, why does everybody blank out the number plate?

I never do on mine but it's got a personal plate so I suppose it doesn't matter.

Black was originally my first choice and as your pics show it looks stunning.

Well done that man---they're even better when the engine's bedded in and you can open her up a bit.................. ;)

It looks very smart Paul.

Just one thing, why does everybody blank out the number plate?

I never do on mine but it's got a personal plate so I suppose it doesn't matter.

Black was originally my first choice and as your pics show it looks stunning.

Well done that man---they're even better when the engine's bedded in and you can open her up a bit.................. ;)

Why blank out the number plate?, Dont know but it seemed a good idea and I have only just learned how to do it . LOL..

Ive done 100 miles in the last week please can I call that beded in? ;)

Paul

Come on man--you're going to have to be a bit patient surely?

I waited just over 1000 miles before I started to open her up a bit more.

I only waited about 800 miles on Janet's Sportka but that car was begging to be opened up from day one----whereas the Fiesta felt tight and to be honest still does----so I guess it's down to each individual car and how you feel about it...... :rolleyes:

Nice motor. Internet etiquette is to blank your plate out so if any potential car number plate thieves are about they cant note registrations to clone cars. As for personal number plates, makes no difference, you wont have a one off Ford. They go for common colours, ie silver or black or red and then make dodgy plates. Then go speeding around, robberies, petrol thefts etc and who gets the fines/visits from the police......well you do its your registration plate after all innit lol. PMSL @ 100 miles bedded in. You dont really need to run engines in these days but if you want to generally people do 500 miles below 50mph 500 miles below 60mph then normal driving. 100 miles nowhere near runs an engine in mate.

stuuning car.

I have my 56 plate Ghia in black and love it. have the privacy glass on it and it just finishes it

Decided to keep my fiesta and trade in mum focus, for Fiesat Zetec 5door in Avalon (with privacy glass)

got the sill protectors thrown in from dealer.

Will post pics when i get it.

Cracking looking car. Panther Black really suits the new Fiesta especially in Zetec S trim and those larger rims maketh the car.

Nice motor. Internet etiquette is to blank your plate out so if any potential car number plate thieves are about they cant note registrations to clone cars. As for personal number plates, makes no difference, you wont have a one off Ford. They go for common colours, ie silver or black or red and then make dodgy plates. Then go speeding around, robberies, petrol thefts etc and who gets the fines/visits from the police......well you do its your registration plate after all innit lol. PMSL @ 100 miles bedded in. You dont really need to run engines in these days but if you want to generally people do 500 miles below 50mph 500 miles below 60mph then normal driving. 100 miles nowhere near runs an engine in mate.

Road speed has nothing to do with it, it's about engine speed, ie the revs of the engine.

Also, don't be too harsh on the brakes early doors, let them bed in and the tyres.

Road speed has nothing to do with it, it's about engine speed, ie the revs of the engine.

Also, don't be too harsh on the brakes early doors, let them bed in and the tyres.

...and bed in the Speakers too. ;)

Looks very nice, i see you upgraded your alloys :) But i like my chrome too much! so i still think mine looks better lol :P

Looks very nice, i see you upgraded your alloys :) But i like my chrome too much! so i still think mine looks better lol :P

alloys comes with one of the packs ( street pack I think ). Chrome not my thing I have too much on my motorbike and its even worse to clean than black.

Paul

Cant do revs without road speed unless hes gonna sit revving the !Removed! off it. So its everything to do with it.

Cant do revs without road speed unless hes gonna sit revving the !Removed! off it. So its everything to do with it.

Your initial advise was wrong.

I've never seen a guide that says keep under a certain road speed, how can they, all cars have different gear ratios and different engine speed limits. The guides work off engine revolutions.

You can drive at 60 in 3rd, 4th and 5th.

Which do you think will be revving more?

Doing 80mph in 5th is less strain on the engine than doing 60mph in 3rd.

He/she looks at your advise and they think, it doesn't matter what gear I'm in, I'm not doing over 50mph.

As I say, it's all about revs.

You look at any guide on running a car in, they talk about revs, not road speed.

Your initial advise was wrong.

I've never seen a guide that says keep under a certain road speed, how can they, all cars have different gear ratios and different engine speed limits. The guides work off engine revolutions.

You can drive at 60 in 3rd, 4th and 5th.

Which do you think will be revving more?

Doing 80mph in 5th is less strain on the engine than doing 60mph in 3rd.

He/she looks at your advise and they think, it doesn't matter what gear I'm in, I'm not doing over 50mph.

As I say, it's all about revs.

You look at any guide on running a car in, they talk about revs, not road speed.

Dont know what the hell you're arguing for anyway. If you read the WHOLE post it says modern cars dont tecnically need a running in period, hence the dealerships not advising you to.

Dont know what the hell you're arguing for anyway. If you read the WHOLE post it says modern cars dont tecnically need a running in period, hence the dealerships not advising you to.

I'll, take that as a "You're correct Keith and I'll step out of this argument now" ;)

No, take it as ur a !Removed! and will argue over nothing. Had I meant "You're correct Keith and I'll step out of this argument now" I would have said that.

No, take it as ur a !Removed! and will argue over nothing. Had I meant "You're correct Keith and I'll step out of this argument now" I would have said that.

Charming.

Just because I pick you up on a point that you were incorrect on, you call me a !Removed!. Check the internet, get advise from any mechanic, they will tell you I was correct in what I said.

You may think it's nothing, but the person who you advised may think different, therefore I'm well within my right on a public forum to put you right and give said poster the correct information.

Ironically enough, you were the one who brought the "running in" topic up, not me. I take it from the text speak and petty name calling, you are a young 'un, otherwise I'm embarrassed for you. I think you need to learn to grow up, realise you may not always be correct and show a bit of humility.

Ironically enough, you were the one who brought the "running in" topic up, not me. I take it from the text speak and petty name calling, you are a young 'un, otherwise I'm embarrassed for you. I think you need to learn to grow up, realise you may not always be correct and show a bit of humility.

Ironically enough...

Ive done 100 miles in the last week please can I call that beded in? ;)

Paul

He asked!!!

As for a "young un" well that depends on you doesnt it really. If you are old then yes I'm a "young un". If you're young then I'm an "old un". As for growing up, well I think you should lose the know it !Removed! all attitude. I've forgotten more about Fords than some on here will ever know. Clearly, running in procedures is part of that. Now call it a day fella cos believe me you're !Removed! with the wrong bloke!

I think we should leave it now guys. We come here to ask for advice and talk about our cars. Not to fight!

O and there is no need to swear!

Ironically enough...

He asked!!!

As for a "young un" well that depends on you doesnt it really. If you are old then yes I'm a "young un". If you're young then I'm an "old un". As for growing up, well I think you should lose the know it !Removed! all attitude. I've forgotten more about Fords than some on here will ever know. Clearly, running in procedures is part of that. Now call it a day fella cos believe me you're !Removed! with the wrong bloke!

Wow, internet warrior as well. :lol:

I think we should leave it now guys. We come here to ask for advice and talk about our cars. Not to fight!

O and there is no need to swear!

You are quite correct, although I think I was justified in explaining the errors of his advice. Last I'll say on it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club