Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you like?

kremmen

Who are you? My Dad?

LOL fair from it. I recon ur old enough to be MY dad! Just don't believe ur expressing your point in the best way.

LOL fair from it. I recon ur old enough to be MY dad! Just don't believe ur expressing your point in the best way.

Again that depends on your age doesnt it. I'm 35 and as for expressing my point, I'm known for speaking my mind. I wont change for anyone, least of all a car club

Wow, internet warrior as well. :lol:

You are quite correct, although I think I was justified in explaining the errors of his advice. Last I'll say on it.

Just to put the source of my information for Mr Know it all. Please see the enclosed screen dump from FORD (you know, Ford!!! who make the cars) recommended breaking in procedure.....note the use of the term SPEEDS and not REVS by FORD not ME!!!!!. Worth noting this is also advice for a car thats now 8 years old.....dont think they'll give too different advice 8 years on

BreakingIn.jpg

Does that mean if your opinion differs from mine, that mines incorrect even though FORD use the same terms as myself Keith???

You cant do speed without revs... or am i doing something wrong?
Cant do revs without road speed unless hes gonna sit revving the !Removed! off it. So its everything to do with it.

;) I knew someone would eventually agree with me

Just to put the source of my information for Mr Know it all. Please see the enclosed screen dump from FORD (you know, Ford!!! who make the cars) recommended breaking in procedure.....note the use of the term SPEEDS and not REVS by FORD not ME!!!!!. Worth noting this is also advice for a car thats now 8 years old.....dont think they'll give too different advice 8 years on

BreakingIn.jpg

Does that mean if your opinion differs from mine, that mines incorrect even though FORD use the same terms as myself Keith???

Could you scroll that down because I'm failing to see where it says "do 500 miles below 50mph 500 miles below 60mph then normal driving"

Let's just say, what you have there is the explanation for the layman, for the non engineers and the non mechanics and for people who don't understand how these things work. People who wouldn't know RPM from ABS. Christ, when that was written half the cars Ford sold probably didn't even have a rev counter. Companies like Ford who have all types of people buying their cars, have to explain to the lowest common denominator so everyone understands.

Moving parts in an engine have no relation to road speed. That's why you can have an engine revving at 5000 rpm and the car not moving. Are you suggesting that if I drive at 50mph in 2nd gear for the first 1000 miles, that's the correct way to run an engine in? According to your quote above, that's quite acceptable as long as I don't go above 50mph for the 500 miles and above 60mph for the next 500 miles. If you suggest not, then would you be inclined to agree with me that's because the engine is revving too much.

RPM is the most important factor in running in an engine, not road speed.

;) I knew someone would eventually agree with me

Not agreeing with you at all. I personally agree with KeithC, its all about the revs.

Paul.

First of all, apologies for hijacking your thread.

Your car looks great, the kit really finishes it off, especially round the sides, so glad we've gone for it. Also, they do look good in a dark colour which is another bonus as we've gone for Morello.

For what its worth Keith is spot on regarding revs, but and a big but, non many people would understand the concept of engine speed which is why Ford keeps it simple.

signed

a chartered engineer

Come on guys chill out and calm down.

Agree to disagree or whatever cause i really dont wanna hand out infractions and warnings as we are trying to keep this as friendly as possible.

Any questions contact me.

Vinnyvangough

• 2 weeks later...

stunning car, thats exactly what i want, im a noob to fiesta's so what spec's are on the car? thats not a standard zetec s is it?

stunning car, thats exactly what i want, im a noob to fiesta's so what spec's are on the car? thats not a standard zetec s is it?

Thanks

Pretty standard.

All I have added is the metalic paint,side skirts, Alu pedals , street pack and leather pack .

Paul

well its really smart mate. i think i would have exactly the same apart from the leather pack, this is seats yea, not recaro's

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club