Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Build Thread-- Preee

Preee

Truly ingenious and looks fantastic.

job well done.

• Like 2

looking good fella and like the bit of paint on the engine cover

What phone did you use preee?

I'm running out of gadgets to add to mine now, but this might have to be done (in a less integrated fashion!)

this is the Phone i brought

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290904018134?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Truly ingenious and looks fantastic.

job well done.

:) Cheers Clive

looking good fella and like the bit of paint on the engine cover

haha thanks , it was one of those saturday moments when i was bored and could not think of anything to do

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Done a little bit of Vinyl wrapping on the dash , looks ok :)

20130810_173313.jpg

20130810_173308.jpg

20130810_173256.jpg

• Like 1

That looks spot on preee,

You were always great at applying vynil wrap mate,

I'd end up with it stuck to my face lol

A chrome button on the top of the handbrake would finish it off nicely,

Really looks great and factory fitted.

• Like 1

Cheers Lenny , your right i wonder if you can get those chrome buttons :)

• Like 1

Nice find Clive , mine seems to be square on the end. Maybe worth looking at ford parts see if they do one.

• Like 1

Looking through microcat the handbrake units are shown as whole units.

Only variation seems to be the colour of the casing.

• Like 1

Looking through microcat the handbrake units are shown as whole units.

Only variation seems to be the colour of the casing.

Perhaps mask up the whole area and spray paint the button in a bright silver,

Would be a lot of tape and newspapers but 100% worth doing.

I have to say I do prefer the handbrake fitted to 2012 onwards Tit Xs, mine is leather with a chrome button.

Could be quite expensive to replace the whole unit, the problem I could foresee with painting it though, is that it could wear off a thumb print where it is used so much.

EDIT:

Oh and after seeing your Focus yesterday Preee, I'm going to have to get a quote for a rear spolier, all your fault..... :P

• Like 2

Alex , Spoiler cost me £100 off eBay and £100 to get it sprayed , bargain compared to Ford's mad quote lol

• Like 1

I'm going to start off and see if I can get a good price out of my Local dealer, want to give them a chance (they gave me a pretty good deal on the grilles). They also have their own bodyshop, so can in theory supply, spray and fit.

I might fit it myself though, didn't look too bad from your pics earlier.

• Like 1

I'm going to start off and see if I can get a good price out of my Local dealer, want to give them a chance (they gave me a pretty good deal on the grilles). They also have their own bodyshop, so can in theory supply, spray and fit.

I might fit it myself though, didn't look too bad from your pics earlier.

My dealer also had a body shop , and they still wanted , if i remember over £365.

The Spoiler off eBay claims to be genuine , and certainly had ford markings on it , it was a perfect fit and already came primed.

• Like 1

I did get a price of £275 part only, not sure if it even includes VAT, but having said that, my usual parts guy wasn't there so no discount and also I'm not 100% sure he got the right one, it looked like the ST spoiler in the pic he showed even though I gave him the reg.

Still the bodyshop is shut this week (typical), so I have to wait till Monday to get a price on spraying anyway, in which time I'll hopefully have a price from fordpartsuk (which I only found out recently is run by Foray, who are the next nearest main dealer to me).

Are you still using the original antenna? I have read up on it a bit and it seems that the spoiler "kit" includes a piece of (effectively) sticky back plastic, to stop the aerial rubbing. Otherwise you have to get the stubby antenna.

• Like 1

Yes still using oem antenna , i have not noticed TBH if it catches ot not

• Like 1

Spoke to my usual parts man today he managed to get the spoiler down to £214 inc, from the RRP of £275 :D

Only £100 + VAT to spray too, so am getting the spoiler supplied and sprayed by my local Ford dealer for around £330!

Not as much of a bargain as you Pree, but not bad from Ford imo. I'll then follow your instructions and have a go at fitting it myself :)

Will post up a thread when it comes to it (got a couple of weeks wait due to it being a slow stocking order to get the price down) save de-railing your thread with my stuff.

• Like 2

Thats not too bad i guess Alex for OEM , fitting is very easy :)

• Like 1

What put me off the eBay route was the fact that there are two different part numbers for the spoiler depending on the build date for your car.

I'm pretty pleased with the price quoted, considerably cheaper than Foci_st3 said he paid in his thread.

Anyway, back to your thread, any more plans? Seeing your carbon wrapping, only a little thing but have you done your key fob? I got the DMB overlays in carbon and they look really good, no more scratches :D

• Like 1

The only time is ee my keyfob is when i put it in my pocket :) , but i have not looked at the DMB for them.

Next time in Ford i have to get the rear badge replaced as the silver around the edge has gone bad , once replaced i might get some gel over lays.

I have also seriously been looking at the Android replacement head units , with the 8" screens , the only thing stopping me is losing the DAB if i do , i'm not bothered about the voice control as i never use it.

• Like 1

Is that an aftermarket HU then? Or like MyFord touch from the states?

• Like 1

They are After market , they look similar to the MFT units.

685477269_501.jpg

Of course the sound quality is not going to be as good as the Sony , but i like the Android part :)

• Like 2

There is no way of using that facia with the stock HU (actual bit that does the work behind facia) then?

It would be a nice idea for the screen if the connections were the same , but you would lose the Adnroid and Dvd side of it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club