Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Build Thread-- Preee

Preee

Well i'm going to make a build thread this time for my Mk3 with the little jobs i will be doing.

Focus Titanium X (150)

20120916_142558_zps004acb09.jpg

I have so far fitted Smd Leds to the two boots lights , plug and play and made a massive difference in colour and lighting in there.

Today i started my brake Calipers in Blue , prefer them to be blue as its a better contrast against the Frozen White. So far looks great but i have still to do the rear disc's so i will upload pictures when its finished.

• Like 2

Looking good mate,

Look forward to seeing the calipers and updates on this beautiful motor.

• Like 1

Excellent Motor Preee (Says he green with envy) looking forward to the progress you make with subtle yet useful mods

nice choice of colour Paul, white stays cleaner looking for longer than any other colour and looks brill once washed and polished.looking forward to the updates on your car...remap, remap, remap lol!

Looking good mate,

Look forward to seeing the calipers and updates on this beautiful motor.

Cheers Lenny

Excellent Motor Preee (Says he green with envy) looking forward to the progress you make with subtle yet useful mods

Cheers Rider i hope i find some interesting additions.

nice choice of colour Paul, white stays cleaner looking for longer than any other colour and looks brill once washed and polished.looking forward to the updates on your car...remap, remap, remap lol!

Thanks Sal. Remap hmmmmmm not any time soon me think's , TBH it does not need it and at my age i might frighten myself haha.A Gain of about 30bhp is what they say for the (150) putting it the same as the ZS. Maybe when the warranty expires :).

Finished the Calipers not bad for my first attempt never done them before and i like the blue against the White , finished just in time as it started raining.Greased up all the Wheel nuts and back plates before i put the wheels back on i had hell of a job getting one of the wheels off.

20120922_153635_zps80a20da1.jpg

20120922_161313_zps812c4cca.jpg

20120922_162637_zps24f82a41.jpg

20120923_134506_zps713b90ce.jpg

20120923_134515_zps7465b32b.jpg

• Like 2

thats looks so much better Paul. no suprise about the rust!

Thanks Sal

Yeah the front NS wheel was jammed on and had to thrash it off , even tried lowing the jack but it still would not budge.

i hear you had that on many a ford why the heck they cant just grease them up is beyond me ive even seen ford have to replace a shed load of stuff as the wheel was stuck solid love the colour nice and crisp

Thanks artscot , I'm glad I picked blue over the red. Yeah wheel was a pain to get off and took full weight of car and rubber mallet before it gave up. No way would I have got it off at the road side.

I'm following this thread with interest Pree - I'm hoping you will inspire me to do some more to my car ;)

I really want to paint my brake calipers (and the drums on the back - wish I had disks!)... I want red to go with my black car - considered blue like yours to go with the backlighting, but don't think it'll go on a black car. Looks awesome on white though. Obviously the drums would be black and not the dirty rusty colour they are at the moment!

Keep up the good work :)

black and either yellow or green woulld look nice ide go more towards the green but red would work a nice red

I'm following this thread with interest Pree - I'm hoping you will inspire me to do some more to my car ;)

I really want to paint my brake calipers (and the drums on the back - wish I had disks!)... I want red to go with my black car - considered blue like yours to go with the backlighting, but don't think it'll go on a black car. Looks awesome on white though. Obviously the drums would be black and not the dirty rusty colour they are at the moment!

Keep up the good work :)

It's crazy just to see how much rush there is around there , you would think Ford would either grease them or at least blow them over with a little paint.

Green would look nice against the Black. i have seen a few yellow on black cars thats looks ok as well.

Here's the Paint i used from Fleabay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200732979222?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1554wt_932

Looks great Preee, I might take the plunge eventually and get mine in red (black car) might have to wait for a while though.

Really like the look of the blue against white, great choice!

Looks great Preee, I might take the plunge eventually and get mine in red (black car) might have to wait for a while though.

Really like the look of the blue against white, great choice!

Thanks Oxide , not had much chance to admire them with all this darn rain

Good 'ol British weather. I know what you mean considering I don't even have a garage to put my car in

• 1 month later...

Fitted today clear rear brake light , brought from Foci.

Matches in better than the old red light.

Removed two hex screws , pull forward, disconnect rear washer tube , reconnect washer tube to new light , slide back in and replace the hex screws , 2 minute job :)

20121026_141542.jpg

20121026_142155.jpg

See told ya it would look a lot better than red.

Looks loads better mate ;)

Cheers Brigante

See told ya it would look a lot better than red.

Yes Foci , matches in well.

black and either yellow or green woulld look nice ide go more towards the green but red would work a nice red

Yellow would be very unique but I agree green would be sick

Fitted today clear rear brake light , brought from Foci.

Matches in better than the old red light.

Removed two hex screws , pull forward, disconnect rear washer tube , reconnect washer tube to new light , slide back in and replace the hex screws , 2 minute job :)

20121026_141542.jpg

20121026_142155.jpg

Looks much better and cleaner mate.

Cheers Lenny , i think so too :), small job inbetween finishing the Kitchen . i will be glad when its all done

You still not finished the kitchen mate? How much you got left to do?