Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Usb Bluetooth Mudule - Now No Voice Control

021C

Hi guys,

I've just replaced my stock BT / VC moudle on my 08 MK2.5 Focus Titanium - but it didn't go smoothly.

After doing a bit of research, I like others discovered that you could replace the version of module in order to add USB and BT audio streaming support. This isn't something that is supported by the original module that came with the car.

So.. I sourced a new module (8M5T-19C112-AM) which, as far as I'm aware is the earliest version that was introduced with the USB support and which i did in order to increase the chances of compatability.

I removed the glove box and exchanged the old for new (which is an absolute pain!) I managed to pair my phone, cycle through USB/ ipod... BT audio stream etc and confirmed that my Sony DAB worked as it should.

However, when I went to use voice control - nothing! I also noted that some interference (static sound) could be heard when phone was selected. It appears that the connector on the loom inside my car is configured differently and I assume has a different pin layout. The new module supports voice and works fine in all other ways.

My question is: Does anyone know if there is a adapter for connector or if a new cable to the head unit would allow VC? Alternatively the layout of the pins and what modification needs to be done?

I'm aware of other models (Mondeo for example) where the connector has been incorrect (older module) and then modified to support the replacement.

I've gone back to the original BT module as I need the phone while I'm driving, but if I can't sort this out I'll have a USB module for sale!

Thanks in advance

Stu

Just a thought

If I acquire the BT / Radio loom from a newer Focus that has VC do you think this will have the correct pin layout?

It appears that my module is from 23-03-2009 which is approx a year newer than my car and would explain the difference and associated loss of VC and noise.

Stu

• 3 months later...

Hi guys - I've kind of forgotten about this project and the USB BT module has been sitting in my office unloved and I've got my eyes on a CC upgrade now : /

so.... if anyone needs a Module (8M5T-19C112-AM) for their BT project give me a shout - Stu

Hi I have just got a 57 plate 2l ghia focus with original stereo fitted, i have a couple of questions :

I do not have a voice control but have phone on the stereo, i have a speaker above the rear view mirror, i have read that i should be able to pair my iPhone with the stereo but my iPhone doesnt pick up the bluetooth and when you press phone it displays audio muted and mutes the stereo.

So my questions -

Do i need to find the bluetooth module and unplug for 15 mins (another thing ive read)

Do i not have the bluetooth??

Is this a fault? Something that should come under the warranty??

Do i need to remove the glove box to find the module? As it was suggested this is a case of undo 4 screws and remove - tried undoing the 4 screws but doesnt simply slide out as 1- i have a glove box cooler on side and 2. i didnt want to force it as i dont know what im doing lol

Also as i dont have voice control will it mean i will have to have this fitted before it will work? Anyone know how much this is??????

Sorry about all the questions but i am inquisitive

Thanks

Barb

Hi Barb,

Please go to the following site, select ' Vehicle Tab' and enter your reg.

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

If you only seen VIN number field go to the ' preferences ' tab at the top of the site and select ' English ' & ' United Kingdom' - press update and go back to the page I linked to above. If you have any problems Private Message be your REG number ( as assigned to the car when built)

When / if you get past this stage you'll be presented with your cars spec when built - you also see an option to see more features. Click this option, copy the data and post in a reply here.

This will then show if your car left the factory with BT / VC.

It will then be easy to advise you on your best root.

Stu

Do i need to find the bluetooth module and unplug for 15 mins (another thing ive read)

Do i not have the bluetooth??

Is this a fault? Something that should come under the warranty??

Do i need to remove the glove box to find the module? As it was suggested this is a case of undo 4 screws and remove - tried undoing the 4 screws but doesnt simply slide out as 1- i have a glove box cooler on side and 2. i didnt want to force it as i dont know what im doing lol

Also as i dont have voice control will it mean i will have to have this fitted before it will work? Anyone know how much this is??????

Sorry about all the questions but i am inquisitive

Thanks

Barb

• Primary Features
    Build Date:
    Vehicle Line:
    Focus 04-08/Focus C-MAX 03-07
    Body Style:
    5 Door Saloon
    Version:
    Series 35
    Engine:
    2.0L Duratorq-TDCi (136PS) - DW10
    Transmission:
    6 Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6
    Drive:
    RHD FWD
    Emission:
    Stage IV Emissions
    Air Conditioning:
    Manual Air Conditioning
    Territory:
    (+)"GB"
    Paint:
    Moondust Silver (Metallic)
    Interior Fabric:
    Cubical / Dark Flint

• Valencia Plant Built
  • Security Lock Group #6
  • Convenience Group No.5
  • Less Marketing Flex Prep Pack
  • Less SVO Application/Label
  • Less Functional Upgrade Pack
  • Marketing Level 1
  • Less Electronic Stability Control
  • Less VP Application Label
  • Less Tyre Repair service Kit
  • With Auto Closing Windows
  • Power Front Windows One Touch Up/Do
  • Power Rear Window One Shot Up/Down
  • With Tinted Glass All Round
  • With Tinted Glass
  • Less Windshield Heat Shielding
  • With Heated Windscreen
  • With Cooled Glove Box
  • With Mini Overhead Console
  • With Short Floor Console
  • Less Rear Floor Console
  • Front Floor Carpet mats
  • Less Special Inter Appliques
  • With Conventional Headlining
  • With Illuminated Sunvisor - Drivers
  • With Illuminated Sunvisor-Passenger
  • Roof Storage-Driver Sunglasses
  • With Electrochromic R/View Mirror
  • Drv Power/Heat Mirror W/Turn Signal
  • Pass Power/Heat Mirror-Turn Signal
  • With Split Fold-Down Rear Seat
  • With Rear Center Head Restraint
  • With Drivers Manual Lumbar Support
  • Less Temp Control Driver Seat
  • Less 2nd Row Rear Seat
  • With Driver 4 Way Mnl.Seat Adjuster
  • With Pass 2 Way Manual Seat Adjust
  • Less Trailer Coupling
  • Ignition Flip Key With Remote Unit
  • With Leather Gear Shift Knob
  • With Second Remote Ignition Key
  • With Door Dead Locks
  • With Door Entry Remote Control Unit
  • With Automatic Windscreen wiper
  • Air Crtn Rstrnt LH
  • With Driver Air Bag
  • With Passenger Air Bag
  • With Side Air Bag - Drivers Side
  • With Side Air Bag - Passenger Side
  • With Mini Steel Spare Wheel
  • With Standard Rear Shock Absorbers
  • 6.5 x 16" Wheel Style L
  • 205/55VR-16 BSW Tyre
  • Locking Wheel Nuts
  • With Standard Suspension
  • With Mechanical Parking Brake
  • Less Brake Emergency Assist
  • 4 Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System
  • Less Skid Plates
  • Standard Front Seat
  • With Fixed Foot Pedals
  • 4 Spoke Leather Steering Wheel
  • With Speed Control
  • With Supplemental Air Heater
  • Conventional Instruments - Level 2
  • With Instrument Cluster - Rheostat
  • Thatcham Catergory 1 Alarm System
  • Less Radio Pre-Equipment Pack
  • (+)RDS
  • With A/V Jack
  • With Centre Antenna
  • High Level With CD And AM/FM Radio
  • Ice Feature Pack 6
  • With 8 High Series Radio Speakers
  • Less Family Entertainment System
  • With Column Stalk Radio Controls
  • With Auto Headlamps
  • With Halogen Headlamp
  • Less Daytime Running Lamps
  • With Front Fog Lamps
  • Less Cornering Lamp
  • With Footwell Lights
  • Header Mounted Courtesy/Maplights
  • With Rear Overhead Courtesy Lamp
  • With Automatic Headlamp Control

• Hope ive posted the right bit????
  • Thank you
  • Barb

Hi Barb,

From the spec above it looks like your car wasn't fitted (from factory) with BT or Voice Control.

This is quite common with higher spec cars (Ghia / Titanium) as phone wasn't equipped as standard for your model of focus. The confusing part for most comes when they see the phone buttons on the stereo and all it does is 'mute' - which is normal for cars without BT module fitted.

The only way to be 100% would be to remove your glove box liner and look for the module. This can be done on cars with cooled glove boxes by popping the swivel out so the pipe is not attached when you pull forward. Getting it back together is a little more tricky....

If you can't find the module there will be a plug taped up. Chances are you have the mic and other cables available but it's worth checking this before you buy a BT module.

Stu

Hi guys - I've kind of forgotten about this project and the USB BT module has been sitting in my office unloved and I've got my eyes on a CC upgrade now : /

so.... if anyone needs a Module (8M5T-19C112-AM) for their BT project give me a shout - Stu

(PART NUMBER 8M5T-19C112-AM

(PART NUMBER 8M5T-19C112-AMV

Hello Stu

Do you still have the module?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club