Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"exclusive Closed Sale Discount Event" ???

2011fiesta

Just wondering if anyones been to one of these before and if it was worth the trip, or just a rip.

Got a letter from the dealer where I bought my car originally which read......

Your Personal Invitation to our Exclusive Closed Sale Discount Event.

[Dealer name] are pleased to inform you that we have joined forces with the 'Man from Ford' to bring you some fantastic offers acrosss the Ford range. Ford has allocated our dealership a 'golden pot allowance', which will enable us to offer exclusive discounts that will not be available to the general public.

We are sending this letter to our most loyal customers, to invite you to this exclusive event being held [dates].

We hope that you will be able to attend, and take a look at the new 62 reg Ford range. We are offering 5 years free warranty on all new Ford cars purchased up to 30th Sept 2012, desposit allowances available on selected new models, with representative 4.9% APR when financed with Ford options - plus special discounts from Ford's pot of gold.

In addition, we are also offering huge savings on our wide selection of used car stock. Following the 1st Sept plate change, we have had an influx of well-maintained part exchange vehicles, which we are delighted to offer at specially reduced prices just for our 4-day event.

I thought yeah okay I'll call in when I'm passing just to see what they're offering, but they just phoned tonight asking which "appointment" I'd like as they're almost fully booked!

So I've made one just to window shop if anything.

They said I need to bring my car, V5 and both parts of the licence.

Just a standard sales ploy by dealers you reckon?

(Just for reference my 2011 60 reg fiesta is nearing 2 yrs old and has 19,000 miles on it - 1 year of warrenty left)

Thoughts?

I get these every 6-8 weeks. They just want to get you through the door to sell you a new car. Enter at your peril :P

I get these every 6-8 weeks. They just want to get you through the door to sell you a new car. Enter at your peril :P

Half kinda want a 1 year old powershift titanium focus with all the toys but don't like the thought of what the car could have been through with its previous owner - especially after getting the fiesta straight off the production line

I'll try to stay strong and leave with nothing

My local dealer does this quite a lot - they had a blue cross sale a few weeks back that was invite only. Didn't bother with it!

They say "We are sending this letter to our most loyal customers, to invite you to this exclusive event being held [dates]." but I'm guessing you have only bought your car from them and maybe had it serviced there, and haven't been buying from them for years and years? Imagine how many people have bought one car there in the last 2-3 years and used them for servicing? That's surely thousands of people - not so exclusive :P

They are just an exercise to get people through the door - if thousands are invited, say 100 turn up, and 50 turn into sales, that's still 50 more sales than they would otherwise have had over the time period. They might have excess stock to get rid of as well, hence can offer massive discounts.

Purely a marketing exercise Paul ;)

When Allen Ford send my invites they usually include a unique and exclusive code to quote when phoning to book in. Funny this though jmbrown91 also gets the same unique code as me on his invites too...

Purely a marketing exercise Paul ;)

Yeah I thought so

When Allen Ford send my invites they usually include a unique and exclusive code to quote when phoning to book in. Funny this though jmbrown91 also gets the same unique code as me on his invites too...

Well that is just lazy of them, they could of least changed the numbers even though they're really meant jack squat

Do they do food and drinks? Ive been around the motor car salesmen for over forty-five years now and know how to wind them up and let them down. Just turn up and have a good time but DONT take your documents. Have fun!

Do they do food and drinks? Ive been around the motor car salesmen for over forty-five years now and know how to wind them up and let them down. Just turn up and have a good time but DONT take your documents. Have fun!

That would be fun - especially after last time I pulled onto the forecourt and they mustn't have noticed my window down as I heard a salesguy say to another look its fast n furious (probs coz of my asian grille n square plate) lol tw%!s

On a slightly unrelated note - omg - if only that was in black > http://www.autotrade...e64nu?logcode=p

I wonder how have they got hold of one of those... they aren't on sale in Britain? That might be your only chance to own one Paul!

Get these now and again, get filed in the bin

Was pestered for two day's by the Ford dealer when the face lifted Mk7 was revealed about getting a current Fiesta but with cheaper monthly repayments

Their just looking to get rid of old stock

I wonder how have they got hold of one of those... they aren't on sale in Britain? That might be your only chance to own one Paul!

No unfortunately they aren't - its probably from Ireland (at a guess). If it was black I wouldda been quite excited. Would have to get it tinted though and order the saloon focus spoiler from Ford USA to really finish off the back :P

Get these now and again, get filed in the bin

Was pestered for two day's by the Ford dealer when the face lifted Mk7 was revealed about getting a current Fiesta but with cheaper monthly repayments

Their just looking to get rid of old stock

Yup I'll humour them then say, erm..... no al leave it thanks

Yes, just the usual sales ploy, like all year round "SALES" signs in shops. One thing that intrigues me though is the 'Five year warranty'. Is this normal on Fords now or are the last two years cover so full of conditions as to make it useless ?

Can be a good way to a new car. I bought my Fiesta last year as a clearance event. Of course they are clearing old stock the new Fiesta/Mondeo/etc are being launched at the Paris Motorshow and european car sales are in freefall.

If you have the cash (as I did) you can get a cracking deal. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club