Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cat On 1.4 Tdci 55 Plate

suggs123

hi all got a big problem if i start car it covers my drive in soot an when i try to drive it it wont go that good at all allso eac fail keeps coming up was going to put another cat on in the morning is this hard to do andis there any other part i need to change when i do this thanks tony

The cat could be clogged but it sounds more serious. Perhaps the egr valve/manifold is clogged up. I I would start by cleaning the intake first

I'd get it scanned on a diagnostic rather than just replacing random parts hoping that it fixes the problem

not to good with cars but had it scanned butt thay could not find any thing wrong but just starting the car and giveing it a slight rev up makes it kick out thick black soot witch covers about a meter square on the ground also how would i go about cleaning the intake an if i do all of this will it need to be re coded also i have not got the money to take to garege as i have just been liad off so got no choise but to do my self thank tony

not to good with cars but had it scanned butt thay could not find any thing wrong but just starting the car and giveing it a slight rev up makes it kick out thick black soot witch covers about a meter square on the ground also how would i go about cleaning the intake an if i do all of this will it need to be re coded also i have not got the money to take to garege as i have just been liad off so got no choise but to do my self thank tony

to clean the egr and intake side of things you wont need to recode anything. also check all the pipe work from the turbo for splits as any splits will result in a power loss and clouds of black smoke

you can use aerosol tins of intake/carb cleaner, paraffin or whatever you can get hold of easily really. a small pick type tool is also very handy and plenty of rags.

not saying that the intake side of things is your problem but its probably the cheapest thing to do first and wont do any harm

thanks stef will try this first thing and i will let you know also this might sound silly but what is the egr thanks tony

thanks stef will try this first thing and i will let you know also this might sound silly but what is the egr thanks tony

The egr allows the engine to burn exhaust gases. There is a pipe from the exhaust(or the egr might be exhaust mounted) which lets exhaust gases back into the inlet - great idea maybe but it clogs everything up!! So a number of things could be thick with soot.

While you are checking things, also check the air filter - might not be the sole cause of yor problems but it should be clean

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club