Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting The Best Sound From The Stereo

scotthunter

I've been tweaking the settings of the standard Ford stereo and I have much improved the sound quality by turning on DSP to Classic mode, and on the equalizer setting both bass and mid to 0 and treble to +5. I stream my music wirelessly from my iPhone through bluetooth with great results.

I know sound quality is very subjective, but I highly recommend using the above settings, or if anyone else has found that other settings give better results then please share!

if anyone else has found that other settings give better results then please share!

Sounds good,

I've upgraded from the 6000CD to the sony single cd and on both systems I've found the best setting to be +3Treble and +2 Bass then when just myself in the car and playing Cd's id play it at Volume 20

But for Aux input devices I found it best to set the equaliser settings of the device to Default. And use the stereo settings to tweak the sound.

I see you drive a Focus though. The stereo is probably different from the Fiesta.

I see you drive a Focus though. The stereo is probably different from the Fiesta.

It is a different shape but bass still goes bang and treble tingles its all sound in the human ear and you did say if ANYONE else found different results then please share.

I know now that ANYONE means fellow Mk7 stereo listeners only! ;)

DSP occupancy to driver seems to make the bass a lot better no matter where you are in the car.

It is a different shape but bass still goes bang and treble tingles its all sound in the human ear and you did say if ANYONE else found different results then please share.

I know now that ANYONE means fellow Mk7 stereo listeners only! ;)

Oh sorry, I thought I posted in the Ford Fiesta Club :unsure:

I have Sony radio and when listening to usb I use DSP Classic, occupancy to driver, treble 0, mid +2 and bass +5. On that setting there is a lot of bass but it works for me.

• Like 1

Oh sorry, I thought I posted in the Ford Fiesta Club :unsure:

:lol:

• 2 years later...

I have Sony radio and when listening to usb I use DSP Classic, occupancy to driver, treble 0, mid +2 and bass +5. On that setting there is a lot of bass but it works for me.

This is pretty much the same as what I thought worked best for the Sony radio. In my opinion, the DSP Rock and Vocal are pretty terrible. The DSP Pop sounds OK but a bit too bass heavy for my liking and makes the plastic door panels and trim inside of car shake like hell. DSP Classic sounds a little bright but also packs a bit more bass punch than no DSP, and a little less than DSP Pop. To get it sounding better just put the mid and bass up a bit. Sounds bright and punchy without any trim rattle.

What is the DSP?

Stands for "Digital Sound Processing". Basically Equaliser presets. There are four on the Sony Stereo. Rock, Vocal, Pop, Classic.

Stands for "Digital Sound Processing". Basically Equaliser presets. There are four on the Sony Stereo. Rock, Vocal, Pop, Classic.

Oh, I don't have the sony one :(

Oh, I don't have the sony one :(

Oh right. :( They might be available on other stereos but I'm not sure. This is my first ford. :P

I went a bit crazy with the sound settings on my Sony head unit, treble and mid just 2 above minimum and bass on max. This was the only way I could get as much bass as I got from my last Fiesta with the standard stereo. It has recently caused the right door panel to rattle a bit but I'm going to try and get that fixed.

• Like 1

I went a bit crazy with the sound settings on my Sony head unit, treble and mid just 2 above minimum and bass on max. This was the only way I could get as much bass as I got from my last Fiesta with the standard stereo. It has recently caused the right door panel to rattle a bit but I'm going to try and get that fixed.

Is this with DSP off? Try DSP Classic for a bit more punchy bass. Then you will probably have to turn treble down to minimum.

^ Yeah I didn't touch the DSP settings. I just noticed that the bass was nowhere near what it was in my 09 Fiesta even with the bass turned all the way up, so had to compensate by turning the treble and mid down and the volume up.

Do you use the same setting with DAB and FM? I find the sound quality depends on the source, mostly I listen on FM but sometimes DAB.

I just took the car to Ford today to get them to look at a rattle caused by the Speakers amongst other things. Don't know if they fixed it really but will try it out some more (at least they didn't charge me cos they weren't sure if they had fixed it). It's the usual problem with cheap Ford interior rattling.

OP wrote that he uses bluetooth streaming. I would strongly advise against that. It degrades audio quality noticeably.

I just plug my phone in via USB. The sound quality is much, much better.

• Like 1

^ I agree, although I doubt you would ever notice with the road noise. That is unless you have very good Speakers and very good ears lol. But I use a USB stick anyway.

• Like 1

^ I didn't like using bluetooth for this either, plus you don't get any track info.

I used to use phone but too much faffing about, just plug in USB and play!

Yeah, there's some fiddling around with the phone, but since I use Spotify Premium and have no local files on phone or usb and haven't bought music for ages, the phone is the best solution for me.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club