Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Variator Replacement

didcro

Has anyone had to replace one of these on a focus, following a diagnoostic check I have been advised it needs replacing but they could not confirm the price. Would this be expensive?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

is it a 1.6 115bhp petrol ti vct if it is its expensive the variator means the timing belt has to be changed also as it has to be removed so its the variator the timing belt the tensioner and tensioner bolt the rocker cover gasket i had mine done under warranty but the parts alone and diagnostics was around 500

I was advised this was needing to be replaced as the car was starting with a brief rattling noise every time and the mpg of the car is never above 36-40. Replacing this would get rid of the engine management light of the dash and the rattling noise and improve mpg.

I just need to know if this is going to be expensive?

Yes it is the 115bhp climate edition, will start saving and hope my friend who does the mechanics will be kind. He did advise it would be best to change the belt at the same time although it has done less than the usual 100k ford advise.

thanks for the advice.

it wont solve the rattle thats injector noise and should be there its well known an well documented ask ford theyl tell you http://www.focusowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=33129

mpg is 36 to 43 mpg tops so theres nothing wrong with the mpg get a new friendly mechanic take it to ford the ti vct isnt easy to do and many muck it up if im honest take it to ford it may just be a solenoid i have the same engine same model other than the management light theres nothing wrond real world mpg for this engine is 35mpg

Cheers for the update on real world mpg and I will get second opinion before I carry out any replacement amd consider getting the solenoids changed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club