Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Max Performance

Lloyday

Currently at ,75bhp id say, new sparks went in april probably new leads to, considering i bought it with a refurbed engine, mechanical apprentice so more skills than a diy mechanic.

Depending on confidence; polish and port the cylinder head, make a custom manifold up, create a custom exhaust.

If not, then decat and a decent exhaust may get you a little bit but I doubt up to 90, maybe 80. Bit of a head scratcher really, due to the budget and the fact it's a 1.25, seeing a remap may be as much use as a pack of condom's to the pope. My main thought would be turbocharging, but then again that's going to cost a lot more than £500 >_>

Check eBay for a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, decat pipe and sports back 2.5inch system.

Green performance induction filter

Replacment fuel filter

Raisin volt stabiliser kit

R3placment distributer cap

HT ignition leads

Alloy pullys for power steering pump and water pump.

A good flush of the coolant system.

Samco induction hose if possible.

And maybe a chip box to trick the engine induction temp sensor in to thinking it -12 outside

This will make the engine run harder

Why not physically cool the air entering? A 421 manifold system is near £1000, will aluminium tubes do the trick? Customly bending them to fit, after all its only a hot air duct, i was thinking boreing the pistons and enlarging the piston head taking up to 1275 cc , direct airflow is the coldest you can get. But forced airflow can be cooler through a convergent duct, is it possible to mount a twin 5" fan system which accelerates the airflow into the engine?

Why not physically cool the air entering? A 421 manifold system is near £1000, will aluminium tubes do the trick? Customly bending them to fit, after all its only a hot air duct, i was thinking boreing the pistons and enlarging the piston head taking up to 1275 cc , direct airflow is the coldest you can get. But forced airflow can be cooler through a convergent duct, is it possible to mount a twin 5" fan system which accelerates the airflow into the engine?

You could fit some washers to the bonnet hinge bolts thus raising it by say 20mm on the top end enhances air flow and clears your windscreen quicker in the frost.

Their are electric fans on eBay to fit in the induction pipe to provide 1.5-2.0 bar of air but not recommended for use until 5th gear maybe fit to a rocker switch lol I reckon it would seriously dammage the pistons.

These so called electric turbos are up there with fuel magnets. It would need to draw so much power to shift enough cfm of air at pressure it would be making the engine loose power. And if it can create 1 bar of pressure on a standard modified engine... Strange as you would need a map sensor which can read this pressure (ie, from a turbocharged car)

Ditch the interior of the car... That going to increase your power to weight ratio but save you a fortune

You mean raise it from the back? I was thinking maybe an express exhaust. Bringing it out just past the front wheels, to ditch all of that cumbersome metal that trails back. Then Having a RAM Air type inlet that pokes through the grill of the car or through an inlet vent on the bonnet. Anything I can do with the injectors? as the more displaced the fuel is, the more ignitable it is. More fuel vapor = bigger boom. I know blocking off the EGR Valve tends to give a bit of power. How about braided fuel hoses, will they give me a bit more bite?

I've already stripped out a lot of the carpets and any other unwanted items. Its been lowered. If only there was a company who could increase your aerodynamics for a couple of quid. Back in the 20's Bugatti got a car to 120mph, Solely based on Aeros. Which for that time was incredible. That's why you can't get the best speeds through over powering a car.

I'm open to any ideas, I was thinking maybe an intermediate second hand turbo. A small one...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club